Ireton MaSade and "Protector of Agathon"

Shaolin_Monkey

Just a quick one as per the title, im confusing myself with the Solar Auxila special characters rules.

Does it mean "the first time" a single unit dies from the detachment roll to see if it comes back?

Or does it mean the first time any unit dies, so each unit that dies rolls to come back on?

Im leaning towards maybe just the one first unit to die, but not really sure.

Thoughts?

I was mid-way through explaining how the roll works and so forth when I realised what you were asking was, do you roll for evey single unit that dies ever in the game, or just when the very first unit you control is destroyed and just for that unit.

It's their use of "...any unit..." that makes this vague. If they had used, "...each unit..." it would have been clear that they meant every single one. As it is, just a tweak in intonation changes the meaning of this sentence! Gah!

I read it as every single unit, and judging by his points cost and the 1/3rd chance of the power working, this could well be the case. I'm off to the Weekender in a week or so and if I can remember, I'll try and get an answer!

I was mid-way through explaining how the roll works and so forth when I realised what you were asking was, do you roll for evey single unit that dies ever in the game, or just when the very first unit you control is destroyed and just for that unit.

It's their use of "...any unit..." that makes this vague. If they had used, "...each unit..." it would have been clear that they meant every single one. As it is, just a tweak in intonation changes the meaning of this sentence! Gah!

I read it as every single unit, and judging by his points cost and the 1/3rd chance of the power working, this could well be the case. I'm off to the Weekender in a week or so and if I can remember, I'll try and get an answer!

Yeah, my apologies with that one. I couldn't quite work out how to word the question to make it clear what I was asking. It's all about the vague language as you say.

I felt that it fit being every unit as well given its only on a 5+ it's not too harsh but when it's also vehicles (and super heavy vehicles too!) maybe it is intended to be only the first unit?

Hopefully they can shed some light at the weekender.

Archived