Too OP?

noigrim

So 5 S9 Attacks at I6 on the charge, or 8 S9 at I9 if he feels like pulling in Warp Speed. And why wouldn't he? He can pull Warp Speed, Levitate, Invisibility and Shrouding if he feels like it, or maybe swap Shrouding for Precognition, so that his 8 S9 I9 AP2 attacks get to reroll misses and hits which allows him to reroll his 3++. 

Alternatively, he can be an absolute monster of an artillery piece, tossing out Psychic Shriek, Psychic Maelstrom, Assail, and Vortex of Doom.

The most broken is that he has access to all the Disciplines. With the buffs available to the Disciplines he can be a monster as is, but combining Invisibility with 7-8 S9 I9 AP2 attacks rerolling failed hits and wounds and saves with a 6+12+d6 with reroll+ 2d6 reroll charge distance first turn is rather brutal. He already grants fearless to his unit by joining them.

so how about the weapon just +1 S and random powers?

he is like the best psyker of the galaxy so it would be weird to see him sucked into the warp!

so how about the weapon just +1 S and random powers?

he is like the best psyker of the galaxy so it would be weird to see him sucked into the warp!

He is the best Primarch psyker. I believe that there are some that are on par with him for ability.

The only way I see Magnus not being over powered it's by giving him his own lore worth those stats he will pummel everyone in the game.

I would make his Ws and BS 5 to be honest as well I don't see him as a great Fighter and with his psychic powers he will still be on par with the others

But Magnus was overpowered.

That's why Horus had to take him out of the equation.

Horus/Angron/Sanguinius might have been the best fighters, but when they're disintegrated before they get to fight....then Magnus wins.

he needs a 2+ save, normal primarch S6 T6.

Since he can know all the spells anyway, just make him ML 6.

Does "choose from any discipline" mean he can roll on any table, or choose specific powers without rolling?

I'd go: choose one discipline per psychic phase. Magnus knows all powers from that discipline until the start of the next psychic phase.

600-700pts

Horus took out Magnus because he could predict stuff that others couldn't by virtue of his psychic mastery. Not because he takes a single divination power and then catapults his invisible warproided body all the battlefield.

He doesn't need a 2+ Save. Angron has a 3+ save, T6.

Giving him casting with discounts first perils/turn, and adds one free dice per casting, and/or +1 to casting would make him a powerful caster.

If Magnus is so powerful why did he get battered by Russ?

because russ has 7 attacks base then another 10  str 6 ap 3 from the wolves  and can swap half his attacks for str D  O u O

Russ don't have rules yet.

Why meantioned that Magnus gives every unit fearless? Every fearless UCM does that.

Without meaning to come across as condescending, how in the world did you think this could be called anything but overpowered? Hell, he'll probably be T10 every turn alongside everything else.

because russ has 7 attacks base then another 10  str 6 ap 3 from the wolves  and can swap half his attacks for str D  O u O

Russ don't have rules yet.

Why meantioned that Magnus gives every unit fearless? Every fearless UCM does that.

It seems the joke  has gone over yer head 

Archived