+++Night Watch Return+++

EnigmaShadow

Hey there all!

So it's been a long.... long, LOOOONG time since my last post at all. Feeling slightly guilty, but thanks to my good friend Disruptor_fe404 getting started on his new Lance company for the Sentinels [Check this thread out it's amazing Link

So on that note. I'm going to reboot my army, get some stuff done, finish the little Blurb about them and hope that nobody else has really done anything with them! (Fingers crossed). So! Without further delay, here is the old Chapter master Enrok being updated with new parts and new armour!

Old/New

gallery_33709_3842_270774.jpg

So this is the old Chapter master, I was super happy with him at the time, but needs an update I feel.

gallery_33709_3842_460118.jpeg

gallery_33709_3842_44787.jpeg

A couple of shots of the new Chapter master, New armour (More old school) i like the posing so far. The Storm Shield is currently a place holder for when the new one is sculpted. So stand by for that, and the right shoulder pad I'm thinking will be an old school Minotaurs shoulder also a new head which I prefer to the old one..

Comments always welcome and hopefully I can put up a shot of the Contemptor I'm currently painting too, NMM! WHY YOU SO HARD!

Hey all!

Just a very quick update, managed to do a couple more things over the weekend. Have his prototype shield up and running now, It's a VERY rough test to give me a few working options and to see if I could actually do it. For a first attempt, I'm pretty happy with it so far, and at least now I know how it works! Thanks Scibor for that little trick! Also gives you an idea on what the shield would look like too.

gallery_33709_3842_135151.jpeg

The new Master looks spot on.

Thanks! I did the old one a LONG time ago, so with all the cool new parts and options I wanted to give him a nice make over. Plus I really love that armour on him. Gives him a much older feel which is what you want in a chapter master.

Using Forgebreaker to replace the hammer is awesome.

Looking forward to the shield!

I do LOVE that hammer! I love the idea that they are an offshoot to the Iron hands themselves and it being a near replica of Ferrus himself gives a nice little nod towards that.

Also wanted to post some more painting things, This is part of the Contemptor I've been working on. Just the first little parts as it's a bit to hot to actually paint at the moment so gives more time to other stuff.

gallery_33709_3842_92537.jpeg

Anyway! Thanks for the feedback and will return soon with hopefully more cool stuff!

That shield looks boss. Did you make a mould for it or did you sculpt it yourself? Either way, I really like the design and wouldn't mind if you shared your secret(s). msn-wink.gif

Thanks!

its certainly not a secret, but I will gladly share it with you! It's a mix of both you could say? I have it drawn out as to what I want the final to look like, then you mix some green stuff and lay it down onto something flat, pressing into the green stuff gives you what will be the 'raised' parts of the shield, so I pushed them in, and made a little makeshift 'stamp' for the little designs to go in the middle. I'll take some photos when I do the real shield so it's more step by step as I do it.

Otherwise have a look at Scibors tutorial here.

• 1 month later...

Hey there all!

Sorry for yet another delay! Starting a new job and getting married kinda takes alot more time than I had thought! But am still attempting to chip away at all my awesome stuff!

Done a couple of different versions of the shield for the Chapter Master that you can see.

gallery_33709_3842_660677.jpeg

And just to show I'm not doing nothing at all, I have some of his honour guard too. Also in the older styled armour. I really like how they're coming so far, might make a few changes and def open to any suggestions.

gallery_33709_3842_976407.jpeg

gallery_33709_3842_453523.jpeg

Also a massive thankyou to Disruptor_fe404 for an amazing speech at my wedding. Thanks bro!

Archived