What regiment?

Ulrik_Ironfist

I have another version of this list that removes the tallarn upgrade and takes a Chimera CCS with Volkov's cane, for making orders really reliable, though to be honest, Yarrick's Aura of Command and senior officer really make issuing orders easy, since you can get rerollable orders on Ld10. The benefit to the CCS s the extra pie plate from the MoO.

Are those Vultures a Valkyrie and Vendetta?

Nope, straight up Vector dancing, Strafing Run Vultures. One kitted for hunting light/medium vehicles, and the other for taking out blobs (could also be kitted as a redundant gunship).

Otherwise you might consider getting 4 more Sentinels for the Formation. Preferred enemy against a unit of your choosing is pretty neat for Plasma Sentinels. Though I wouldn't take that configuration on all 6.

Problem is, I don't want to give up anything else to run 6 Sentinels, and I'm trying to use What I have, since I already have plans to add 2 more tanks (a LR Tech Command, and a Demolisher, 2 more squads of cadians, 2 hellhounds, a second wyvern, a manticore, and a PCS in a chimera). I want to get it so I can run a Cadian Battlegroup with a couple of good formations.

So, I've done some thinking about how to run my lists, and the current list I have is this:

Is there any regiment style that does all of this? Am I just a Cadian at heart?

Answer according to GW fluff.  No. 

Answer according to GW fluff.  Yes.

But really it all depends on the source, the codex says you can't the old rule book went left and right, and the BL / FW stuff can be either or.   IMHO in a galaxy of 1 Million planet's I'm sure you can create your own Regiment that contains everything you have.  Or you can think bigger and create a Task Force, Battle Group, Special Detachment, Army, Corps, Division, etc... etc... and within this framework you can do whatever you want.

Answer according to GW fluff.  No. 

Answer according to GW fluff.  Yes.

But really it all depends on the source, the codex says you can't the old rule book went left and right, and the BL / FW stuff can be either or.   IMHO in a galaxy of 1 Million planet's I'm sure you can create your own Regiment that contains everything you have.  Or you can think bigger and create a Task Force, Battle Group, Special Detachment, Army, Corps, Division, etc... etc... and within this framework you can do whatever you want.

I've been trying the Make up your own regiment route, but all it does is lead me to be dissatisfied, as there is no established list that plays exactly the way I want. I'm looking for a cannon regiment (or group of regiments) that would make use of mechanized Grenadiers, a dismounted platoon, sentinels, and Air Support.

I'm kinda wanting to know, the defining features of some of the better known armies. Does Steel legion use dismounted troops and Air Support? Or are they All Mech all the time? Tallarns specialize in fast, hit and run guerrilla tactics, but would they use mechnized heavy infantry for fast assaults? Or is Cadia the only one that mixes it up like this?  I know that the Imperial Navy gives Air Support, and to any regiment that asks for it, so that's not a huge fluff concern.

Archived