[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Sadly, strictly speaking - 1 destoryer is too many. I adore them but they are just really sub par units that pay premium for useless skills. The Rad missiles are nothing to write home about, only finding any real use against automata, who are resistant to them anyway and rad grenades can go onto better combat units via a forge lord.

If you want a posse for your Moritat sure, they can work, but they will be a 400+ point meatshield. Also if he has inferno pistols then their shooting will be wasted as he will be targetting AV most likely, as not many 2+ units that he really threatens will be in the open :(

Another Cortus would be best use of the Pod methinks.

After my legion multiple personality disorder has been finally straitened out I decided on BA. Main reason? Red doesn't show the blood and Fear to Tread is a really good book. I really hope BA get a rule where super heavy fliers arrive turn 1 :)

The other reason the 10 jump pack destroyers I have are being painted to hit the table. In DoR is 10 to many with the attach dbl inferno pistol Moritat? I am planning a Cortus in a dreadpod and a levi in the other. What to do for the third pod? I am considering another Cortus or terms.

Thanks,

One is too many when it comes to Destroyers, and same goes for the Moritat, sadly.

The biggest problem is in 2500 you cannot fit both. I am glad I did order another contemptor. I might save them for the fun games. I am still painting them though because why not. I kind of want a thunderhawk now.

lol.

Unless the t hawk gets an update, I wouldn't spend that amount on it!

Sure they are but they look pretty in a corroded sort of way.  It is for my friends and fun list.  In a competitive list I would run 3 dreads and most likely 2 melta lance Levi's.  Cause that is a nice thing to do to people.  I am building this for the Adepticon.  Praying I get in the narrative event.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I like assault marines, but depending on your opponent's equipment, a power-armored unit out in the open is asking to be wiped out.  Day of Revelations (or Night Lord Drop Assault Vanguard) deep striking them with a cover save + additional support from a dreadnought pod or two seems to be the best way to go. That way with shrouded they would have a 3+ save (2+ for night lords due to nightfighting).

Anyway, I just had an interesting thought. Bike apothecaries can join any unit with the bike subtype, which includes assault bikes.  Blood Angel assault bikes are actually pretty awesome. No slouches in combat with 3 attacks per model with the BA rules, each gets an assault cannon for shooting, are T5 W2 which would work well with FNP, plus all the other inherent benefits of being bikes. Seems pretty solid.

Yeah but they can jink and still put out decent fire through sheer weight of dice. And again, two T5 wounds for 22.5 points per wound. Better price/performance than outrider bikes and you can add the same character force multipliers to the attack bikes (not sure why I said Assault, must be the black rage stirring).

Attack Bikes with Assault Cannons are pure money and i'll certainly be using some in DoR - maybe with a Forge Lord or the like for those sweet, sweet Rad Grenades!

You can skirmish forever with Assault Cannons/ Bolters then close in last minute with a pretty nasty assault unit - especially if the Consul you attach can take a Blade of Perdition.

I'd want to put a Forge Lord with rad grenades in there.  He can tank with his 2+ or pass wounds around with LOS to multi-wound models to minimize casualties, provide required AP2 at initiative in melee (wounding on a 2+), and each bike will get 5 attacks on the charge (one hammer of wrath) that wound on 2+ as well. Plus the 20 S6 rending shots, which hilariously cause instant death to marines on overwatch. 

The cost is not too bad. The unit itself is 225 points, 300 with an apothecary on bike with a power sword. 305 if you add augury scanner. That's comparable in cost to many units that warrant an apothecary, and that's before considering most of those units also require a transport.

More importantly, it's another solid choice in a rarely used slot that has the Astartes rule to keep your ratio. A guy on facebook just recast the DA jetbike sidecar for use with outrider bikes, if my own experiments fail, I may definitely invest in this unit. I think the goofiness of 40k attack bikes is what keeps most people at bay. :P

Edited by Withershadow

If your going that mad on it make the centurion and lvl 2 lib and roll on divination. A 4++ or precognition on the cent would be nasty not to mention twin linked assalt cannons. Assuming you could get a power off

If your going that mad on it make the centurion and lvl 2 lib and roll on divination. A 4++ or precognition on the cent would be nasty not to mention twin linked assalt cannons. Assuming you could get a power off

Aye, Div isn't a bad one for this... Only problem is if you get Misfortune, Scriers Gaze or Precog...

But even just Prescience is good enough!

Foreboding is, however, HILARIOUS.

"Okay sure charge me and eat my Assault Cannons at Full BS followed by S5 attacks."

• 2 weeks later...

I lucked my way into a Kharbdys Assault Claw, what'd be a cool thing to put into it?

If we get a special terminator unit, those :P

Otherwise, for sheer fun/ fluff a load of Terminators with AP2 weapons and a Primus Medicae and/or Chaplain.

I like Tartaros as they can sweep. Unless you fight Automata/ 2W terminators/ things with FNP a lot then go for Axes over fists - to save on points, you still wound all T4 on a 2+ thanks to encarmine fury.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, I want a squad of Vorax in my IXth Legion force. I know I'll require a certain Consul but how do I go about synergising them with my force?

Good man!

You need a forge lord with cortex controller to take them as a heavy support choice, but he'll have to stay close so they don't bug out.

Or the better option is a previan, who joins them, gives them preferred enemy shooting if he shoots something and a variety of rules. They either get the standard LA:BA or can have one of outflank/scout/tank Hunter.

Outflank Vorax is very nice.