[HH1.0] Black Shields Tactica

exsanguis

that makes sense!!

Just trying to get my rules mechanics and such!

would be cool to have some robot sidekicks kicking around though:teehee:

Would people equip terminators with mixed combi weapon loadouts?

I have some models with a few combi-meltas and plasmas and a plasma blaster. just wondering if it's a good decision to keep them as is?

In large games you can do 50/50 mixed terminator squad. I was experimenting with plasma melta 8-9 strong squad some time ago. Again, it really depends (terrain, RoW, turn they arrive, what opponent already has on the table...) BUT in Orbital Assault you can teleport them, pop vehicle with melta/shred some infantry with plasma and use spent combi termies as a shields and then you can use other combi. Very difficult to pull it off, unit is very expensive and generally not worth it. Especially vs the same opponent hehe.

Those cataphractii look sweet @Gorgoff i like the shoulder pads and the bolters i think i prefer over the standard combi after seeing them like that, less like a big brick and more like something actually holdable, would they be possible to magnetise like that so you can swap between melta & plasma for example?

@rendingon1+ i can imagine that to be quite a bit of a fire magnet, a 2+/4++ meatshield is quite something though :teehee:

Those cataphractii look sweet @Gorgoff i like the shoulder pads and the bolters i think i prefer over the standard combi after seeing them like that, less like a big brick and more like something actually holdable, would they be possible to magnetise like that so you can swap between melta & plasma for example?

:teehee:

Sure, all you have to do is put a magnet on top of the hand and on under the gun where the grip should be.

Since I'm way to lazy for this I simply build both variants.

Here're my Combi-meltas:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfeHxWHAx8R/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=dtrj4g9zycnz

• 4 weeks later...

Going back to my idea for Blackshields of Dark Compliance...

The idea currently revolves around Ogryns deep striking in with a Warmonger. Awesome, I know. Fluffwise they'd be crazy super Astartes Bred to go on suicide strikes.

In terms of combos, what do you think to combos of Rought by War and Provinances of War...?

I think Outlanders could be very nice, letting the Astartes all deep strike while the Militia hold the line etc. Would probably so survivors and helots for the added toughness too, but I'm sure others are viable.

I'd avoid Chimerae as they aren't allowed allies so it seems a little out of spirit.

Thoughts?

Going back to my idea for Blackshields of Dark Compliance...

The idea currently revolves around Ogryns deep striking in with a Warmonger. Awesome, I know. Fluffwise they'd be crazy super Astartes Bred to go on suicide strikes.

In terms of combos, what do you think to combos of Rought by War and Provinances of War...?

I think Outlanders could be very nice, letting the Astartes all deep strike while the Militia hold the line etc. Would probably so survivors and helots for the added toughness too, but I'm sure others are viable.

I'd avoid Chimerae as they aren't allowed allies so it seems a little out of spirit.

Thoughts?

Half of the Astartes can deep strike.

You'll want a command rhino so you can deploy your units reliably from deepstrike. Probably some other forward units with coms.

Don't think I'd have the slots for it...

Warmonger, Reaver Lord, Militia HQ for Provinances!

While the Reaver Lord could be dropped, he's too cool to. I'd probably pick up the slack with recon Squads/ recon humans nuncio voxes or similar perhaps?

You'll want a command rhino so you can deploy your units reliably from deepstrike. Probably some other forward units with coms.

Don't think I'd have the slots for it...

Warmonger, Reaver Lord, Militia HQ for Provinances!

While the Reaver Lord could be dropped, he's too cool to. I'd probably pick up the slack with recon Squads/ recon humans nuncio voxes or similar perhaps?

I played a couple of times with militia and always with a human recon squad. They performed very well.

I'd drop the warmonger then. If you're already deep striking in so many units, you want them in reliably imo.

But I want to deep strike the Ogryns... Haha that's the main point of the experiment really!

Edited by Charlo

I'd drop the warmonger then. If you're already deep striking in so many units, you want them in reliably imo.

But I want to deep strike the Ogryns... Haha that's the main point of the experiment really!
Put four in a Dreadclaw and attach a Chaplain.

WAY better unit.

Put four in a Dreadclaw and attach a Chaplain.

WAY better unit.

You know, that's not a bad idea. However I think they'd deserve a Khyrbdis....

Black shields get acces to all the new stuff from Malevolence like the Esoterist, Psyarkana and Nullifacators right?

I got hold of the latest book Malevolence and really love the idea of having a Esoterist being part of a Chymeriae force mainly for fluff reasons trying to use the warp / chaos against the enemy

Just can’t work out which is the better powers for him Sanctic or Malefic and if any of the Psyarkana are worth taking

Black shields get acces to all the new stuff from Malevolence like the Esoterist, Psyarkana and Nullifacators right?

I got hold of the latest book Malevolence and really love the idea of having a Esoterist being part of a Chymeriae force mainly for fluff reasons trying to use the warp / chaos against the enemy

Just can’t work out which is the better powers for him Sanctic or Malefic and if any of the Psyarkana are worth taking

They get access to everything as normal.

But still are limited by a single Consul and cannot obviously take any "Preator" only wargear as they do not have Preators etc.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi - just recently read through this thread. I saw a lot of discussion a year ago re: the merits of Chymeriae Wrought by War. I know the discussion is totally out of date but I thought I’d leave this behind in case anyone is debating the merits of going that route.

I have had very good fortune with this list. It has been consistently competitive in my meta. I’ll leave it for anyone considering Blackshields Chymeriae. Blackshields have been by far my favorite fluff, conversion, painting, and gaming 30k army so far.

Blackshield (Drop Base)

Legiones Astartes

Blackshield Reaver Lord: artificer armour; power fist (master-crafted); lightning claw; digital lasers; Cyber-familiar; rad grenades; iron halo 255

Chaplain: Crozius Arcanum (axe); artificer armour; melta bombs; refractor field; jump pack 130

10 Tactical Support Marines: Tactical Support Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs); 9 Tactical Support Marines; flamers (Pariah) 190

18 Marauders: Marauder Chief (power fist; Legiones Astartes shotgun; melta bombs); 17 Marauders; chainaxes; 13 × Legiones Astartes shotgun; 3 × Pariah flamer 345

18 Assault Space Marines: Assault Sergeant (power weapon); 17 Assault Space Marines; 3 × power weapon; melta bombs 409

5 Terminators: Terminator Sergeant (combi-weapon; chainfist); 4 Terminators; 4 × combi-weapon (plasma); power fist; 3 × chainfist 255

• Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod 115

Apothecarion Detachment

• Apothecary: artificer armour 55

• Apothecary: jump pack 60

5 Terminators: Terminator Sergeant (combi-weapon; chainfist); 4 Terminators; 4 × combi-weapon (plasma); power fist; 3 × chainfist 255

Terrax Pattern Termite Assault Drill: 2 × twin-linked bolter 80

Kharybdis Assault Claw 235

2,499 points

A variation on this theme is a null deploy list using the Leviathan Force Org to ensure going second.

Blackshield (Null Deploy)

Legiones Astartes

Blackshield Reaver Lord: artificer armour; power fist (master-crafted); lightning claw; digital lasers; Cyber-familiar; rad grenades; iron halo 255

Chaplain: Crozius Arcanum (axe); artificer armour; melta bombs; refractor field 110

16 Marauders: Marauder Chief (power fist; Legiones Astartes shotgun); 15 Marauders; chainaxes; 13 × Legiones Astartes shotgun; 2 × Pariah flamer 306

8 Tactical Support Marines: Tactical Support Sergeant (artificer armour; melta bombs); 7 Tactical Support Marines; flamers (Pariah) 160

Apothecarion Detachment

• Apothecary: artificer armour 55

9 Veteran Space Marines: Veteran Sergeant (artificer armour; combi-weapon; power fist); Machine Killers; 8 Veteran Space Marines; 8 × combi-weapon (8× plasma); melta bombs 288

Terrax Pattern Termite Assault Drill: 2 × twin-linked bolter 80

Terrax Pattern Termite Assault Drill 80

Kharybdis Assault Claw 235

Force Organisation Chart: Leviathan

Legiones Astartes: Blackshields

Wrought by War: Chymeriae

Allied Panoply of War

Sub-orbital Strike Wing

• Crusade Fleet Avenger Strike Fighter: 2 wing-mounted Kraken penetrator heavy missiles; battle servitor control 190

2,499 points

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is it just me, or are the options of the Marauder Chieftain extremely limited?

Beacause RAW, the book says one in five marauders, the chieftain cannot take stuff like hand flamers or regular power weapons.

Edited by The Scorpion

Is it just me, or are the options of the Marauder Chieftain extremely limited?

Beacause RAW, the book says one in five marauders, the chieftain cannot take stuff like hand flamers or regular power weapons.

Yupp.

Blackshields have a "poverty" thing going on.