Count Douclar

The whole loyalist/ traitror thing is a bit murky... It's meant for campaign games really, but also not because there is so many characters that have restriction or abilities that interact with the rules like Hatred: Traitors etc.

One great example I like is that Khyr Valen is a loyalist, but must be the Warlord unless in an army with Perturabo... A Traitor.... biggrin.png

Ultra's do certainly seem awesome, especially for interlocking and Suzy access, which is pretty insane!

I'm feelings some sort of Imperium Secondus army idea coming one with Red Black and Blue...

I believe the design team left those types of loopholes open for great crusade armies. Which the Shattered Legions clearly aren't. The Traitor/Loyalist designation is pretty much a necessity in heresy era games. Of course with the "you can house rule whatever you would like at home" disclaimer.

Isn't Autilon a Traitor, so you can't take him with Loyalists? Or am I remembering how that works wrong...

Also, can you attach a Character with infiltrate to a unit before deployment, or does Mutable Tactics involve some shenanigans?

If using allegiance, Skorr cannot play with Remus, but everything is kosher otherwise. Remus is cute but pricy, and can easily be swapped for a Primus Medicae or better yet Forgelord. The infiltrate limitation only applies to independent characters, not attached Characters like Apothecaries. Remains to be seen who they can attach to.

My conversion for the Suzerainty is underway, to be completed after I come back from Brazil, and they look nothing like Ultras. I see it as a reward of treason unit without having to run Coils.

Isn't Autilon a Traitor, so you can't take him with Loyalists? Or am I remembering how that works wrong...

Also, can you attach a Character with infiltrate to a unit before deployment, or does Mutable Tactics involve some shenanigans?

If using allegiance, Skorr cannot play with Remus, but everything is kosher otherwise. Remus is cute but pricy, and can easily be swapped for a Primus Medicae or better yet Forgelord. The infiltrate limitation only applies to independent characters, not attached Characters like Apothecaries. Remains to be seen who they can attach to.

My conversion for the Suzerainty is underway, to be completed after I come back from Brazil, and they look nothing like Ultras. I see it as a reward of treason unit without having to run Coils.

This is incorrect. AoD replaces the regular faction rules from 40k with the Traitor/Loyalist faction rules. You do not choose an "army/legion" first you choose Loyalist or Traitor and then a legion in the case of space marines. Unless you are playing some alternate universe/history traitor only and loyalist only choices and characters cannot be mixed through allies, or shattered legion rules. This is on page 14 of the new red book if you would like to check.

Everyone has traitor and loyalist elements, some Legions even have characters representing both sides of the divide.

And those characters can be used in either faction. That doesn't change the fact the Skorr is traitor faction only and Remus is Loyalist faction only, similarly that you cannot take Red butchers in a Shattered legion force consisting of Loyalist world eaters and consequentially  loyalist any other legion.

The game requires you choose a faction to play the game. The options are loyalist or traitor. No fluff explanation can change that especially considering Special characters are the fluffiest units in the game seeing as how they have specific fluff to go with the data slate.

You are simply incorrect.

What do you think of a World Eaters and Sons of Horus army? Thinking post-Terra warband, using a Sacrificial Offering RoW.

SoH veterans with Sniper, World Eaters assault elements (Inductii + HQ), and hordes of militia along with a few Leman Russ battle tanks for funsies.

I don't know poop about 30k lists, but I put this ~3000 point list together:

**There are still 37 points left to spend

Age of Darkness Detachment:

Crusade Force Organization Chart:

HQ:

World Eaters Praetor: Warlord: Volkite Charger, Paragon Blade, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo

World Eaters Gahlan Surlak

Sons of Horus Master of Signal: Combi-weapon

TROOPS:

World Eaters Inductii x19: Chainaxes, Vexilla, Artificer Armor + Power Fist Sergeant <== Joned by Apothecary

World Eaters Inductii x19: Chainaxes, Vexilla, Artificer Armor + Power Fist Sergeant <== Joined by Surlak

World Eaters Tactical Support Squad x8: Volkite Chargers, Chainaxes, Artificer Armor + Power Fist Sergeant <== Joined by Praetor and Apothecary

ELITES:

World Eaters Apothecarion Detachment: 2x Apothecary: Chainaxe

Sons of Horus Veteran Squad x9: Rhino <== joined by Master of Signal

Sons of Horus Veteran Squad x10: Rhino

Sons of Horus Cortus Contemptor Talon: 2x Cortus Contemptor: DCCW, Chainfist, 2x Meltagun

HEAVY SUPPORT:

World Eaters Land Raider Phobos: Extra Armor, Dozer Blades, Pintle Multi-melta <== Praetor, Apothecary, & Support Squad embarked

LORD OF WAR:

World Eaters Stormlord: Space Marine Crew

FORTIFICATION:

Aegis Defense Line: Comms Relay

ALLIED DETACHMENT:

HQ:

Force Commander: Cult Horde, Tainted Flesh

Levies x50

Levies x20

I dunno, just seems like a fun list. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...
Hello everybody!

I collect XVIII, fearless sons Nocturnes, but after reading "Meduson" wanted to gather his gang. Salamander tanks, Ravens infiltrated occupy markers. But what to do with iron hands? It seems to me that they are very similar to the salamander.

According to the rule Meduson, it has access to all three Legiones astartes (Sal-RG-IH). Can he fill in all 3 compalsory slots, and get into the technique of the three legions?

Hi folks, just to clarify. Would I be able to run a shattered legion whereby:

- delegatus, 3rd Company Elite

- kakophoni as troops

- word Bearers chaplain

- gal vorbak elites

- iron warriors siege breaker

Is that legal and works? I believe it does, just would like a second view :)

Cheers folks!

So either I or Battlescribe is wrong, and I want to make sure before I change anything. The rules say, to my understanding, that the only thing special about Shattered Legions is that they essentially are battle brothers as long as the Warlord is alive - other than that, they're pretty much just two AoD detachments side by side that share a compulsory troop choice selection. However, Battlescribe seems to think that they actually become some kind of blended Legiones Astartes; as in I could take a DG/Salamanders force that had a DG Morait with Twin MC Inferno Pistols and a Sallie Tactical Support Squad can take Chem-Munitions for S5 AP5 Shredding Gets Hot Templates. Who is correct; me or Battlescribe?

Because of how battlescribe works, when you select shattered legions, it simply unlocks all options for the legions you choose. It doesn't separate the units out.

So yeah, it is wrong in that sense. The DG flamers would be shred, but they could not take inferno pistols.

Also,just to correct you, shattered legions is still only one AoD detachment, you just get to take units from up to three legions (as you have HQ slots)

• 2 weeks later...

Newish player here, was thinking of using Nightlords as a rapid attack force with iron warriors as fire support, wanted to know if it would be viable to do, thanks in advanced

It COULD have some problems (terror assault only has one heavy slot, causes night fighting) but outside of that could be very efficient.

NL assault squads as troops work wonders and are very powerful and Iron Havoc can bring the pain. A few podded terror squads backed up by heavy armour would be nice too.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this has been spotted by anyone else yet or not, but the new Red book basically scuppers any Shield Bro's shenanigans. The Stone Gauntlet RoW now reads +1 toughness to LA:IF models only.

Note that I only realised this after I bought a bunch of Invictarus Suzerains. down.gif

I don't know if this has been spotted by anyone else yet or not, but the new Red book basically scuppers any Shield Bro's shenanigans. The Stone Gauntlet RoW now reads +1 toughness to LA:IF models only.

Note that I only realised this after I bought a bunch of Invictarus Suzerains. down.gif

Remember, different legions count as having other LA rules for the purposes of rites of war, so that may cover it :)

Archived