3500 Raven Guard

PurpleRain

Hello

So I am going to an HH event in a month and need a 3500 list. I have tried a few out with SA allies as I am only just building up my force but these did not work well. So I have gone with the below but looking for some advice on the list. Somethings cannot move out as they are what’s painted and I don’t have time to paint too much so the tacticals, support squad and the Land speeders need to stay, the rest is optional.

Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts/critique

++++++++++  HQ  ++++++++++++++++

Manu + Camo                                                                    145

Praevian                                                                              535

AA + MB + BS + Camo

3 Castellax + DarkFire + ETA

++++++++++  Troops  ++++++++++++++++

10 Tacts                                                                                195

AA + Drop Pod

10 Tacts                                                                                195

AA + Drop Pod

6 support                                                                             270

Plasma Guns + Drop Pod

++++++++++  Elites ++++++++++++++++

6 Mor Deythan                                                                  268

AA + 4 combi Flamers + 2 Plasma

Rhino

6 Mor Deythan                                                                  268

AA + 4 combi Flamers + 2 Plasma

Rhino

Contemptor Talon                                                           280

DCCW (GG) + Chainfist (GG)      

D Drop pod

10 vets (Tank Hunter)                                                    310

MB + 2 ML w s.web

Drop pod

++++++++++  Fast Attack ++++++++++++++++

3 Land speeders                                                               255

GG + MM + HKM

9 Dark Furies                                                                      330

MB

++++++++++  LoW ++++++++++++++++

Corax                                                                                    450

This list is pretty solid. Guessing Maun is in one of the rhinos to use his vox for Precision pods?

The only recommendation i can think of is to sneak some dozer blades on the rhinos. Perhaps drop the camo on maun, since the only other unit her can join is the plasma and they're going to get some heat and MD already have stealth, and drop the mb on the praevian since the castellax can smash.

This list is pretty solid. Guessing Maun is in one of the rhinos to use his vox for Precision pods?

The only recommendation i can think of is to sneak some dozer blades on the rhinos. Perhaps drop the camo on maun, since the only other unit her can join is the plasma and they're going to get some heat and MD already have stealth, and drop the mb on the praevian since the castellax can smash.

Nusquam

thanks for the reply, had not thought of putting Maun in the rhino but that sounds like a good idea. Also will add the dozer blades to rhinos. Only thing i'm concerned by is the Castellax unit being so many points. I'm thinking of droping it down to 2 in the unit and droping a speeder then adding in a Venator for added alpha strike

That's not a bad idea either. Our Praevian/Castellax combo is very potent; being able to infiltrate or outflank for board advantage and having camo is great. On the other hand spreading the points out across the units for redundancy is efficient as well, the venator being a good choice. Having the third castellax lets you lean on the unit a bit more for added durability and damage, while going the route of the venator gives you mobile firepower that can handle a wide range of targets.

If you face knights, typhons, and the like I would go with the venator to auto shake them thanks to the neutron laser. Otherwise it's up to your personal taste/meta.

If you can find the points to make room for it, I would highly recommend taking a Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon with your HS choice. Coming from a similar perspective in terms of list limitations (3000 Night Lords Terror Assault), you need to maximize your lone HS slot, and in my experience nothing offers more than the Leviathan. Either you can take multiples, which is nasty against anything (I run a full trio), or take one and put him in a pod and drop him right where you want right off the bat. Super fluffy for the Raven Guard too. Give him a Siege Drill and Armoured Ceramite, and (optionally) a Grav-Flux Bombard/Phosphex Discharger, and he will comfortably handle all the things that normally cause problems for Raven Guard and Night Lords alike. Just my two cents.

Archived