XI Legion : Forging the Lost

Also, why have the primarch help the rebels ? He should see the power in the old emperor, and help him finish off the rebels, and then kill him, and take control himself as the new Emperor. I like the idea of focusing on air craft, have them be the sky hussars.

I want his drive for equity and justice to be the entropic force of his relation with the Emperor, ultimately leading to his doom. He will jockey for more and more freedom and power, so the sons rule along side the father, not beneath him. The whole First Among Equals that applies to Horus, will bruise him in a bad way. As he makes his way during the Crusade, he will see the coming of of it's end - and the need for a Warmaster. What better position to leverage demands from the Emperor, supported by trusted brothers ? 

Yeah, officers had more panache. Great coats make no sense on power armoured models, but perhaps cloaks or the dragoon caps would give them an edge.

How about this?

sm.php?b62c=@h9nXZ_iakk7.i8WKe@@@@@@__@_@@__@@@@i9v2L@@@.@@i9uYAhYO0K.hYO0K@i87sS@@@@i87sU@@@__@@@@.@@@@@@@@__&

that would be more a color scheme for a chapter. legions have relativly simple color schemes. one main color and most of the time a subcolor. no fancy stuff (even fancy emperors children)

I suggest to keep it simple or they wouldn't fit to the other legions.

Well, the quartered is the main Problem. That cries out chapter chapter chapter.

I underwent the same probs with my "wardens of light" and as cool as half or quartered color schemes are, they don't fit into the Legion heraldic. At least for the base troops. Your primarch don't need to habe the same color and could feature that color style for an extra eye candy.

Why a black helmet? That would be a 4th color.

Ans don't try to force the tri color onto your marines. You Can resemble France without slapping the colors in The face of your enemies. (although that would ne a nice statt for a battle)

Sons of Horus would still be under the Luna Wolves livery at the time of these events, so I doubt it would be a problem. Overall, the brass/copper is something I have not seen exploited and it doesn't scream space frenchmen from space.

Would you guys like it if the white arm had the Quartered White and blue on it with the legion iconography?

As for the Legion Heraldry, I came up with a few alternatives to the Triskele. First would be inspired from the Musketeer cross.

http://www.bobinette-et-souricette.com/1153-large_default/croix-de-mousquetaire-appliqu%C3%A9-6-tailles.jpg

The second, could be crossed pistols with perhaps a rapier down the center?

http://www.lesedwards.com/imagebank/9/7/5/975956.jpg

Pistols plus rapier, but a bit more stylized would ne great. Remember you have to paint it in your models.

White arm. No quarters. At least for Standard Marines. Special units. Assault etc is another Thing. You could eben make red for assault. Blue for heavy support. And white for tacticals. Of The are veterans add The helmet white amd of aome have special roles. Maybe despoilers who are The mix of assault amd tactucals you Can quarter The arm red white. Or for a tactical with heavy firepower use blue\white ans so on.

I am thinking of calling the post primarch reunion XI: The Ardent Dragoons

Proposed legion rules:

The Thunder of Guns: All models with the Legion Astartes : {Ardent Dragoons} using bolters and heavy bolters gain the Fury of the Legion rule. These weapons gain rending for the duration of Fury of the Legion.

Fix Bayonnettes! : All models with the Legion Astartes: {ìnsert name} may forgo overwatch to gain counter attack and +1 strength in close combat if they do not benefit from an additional close combat weapon.

Flesh over steel: May not use Drop pods or legion terminators. Must have 2 infantry/artillery units for every non-dedicated, non-flyer vehicle.

I like the Musketeer Cross, very fancy, not to mention a nice alternative to the far more common Iron Cross. In regards to the colour scheme, why not try a lighter sky blue or blue-steel colouration over the usual ultramarine blue? Also, I'd drop the quartered helm, it looks kinda "meh" IMHO, plus it'd be a massive pain in the ass to paint if you ever want to to produce models of your XI Legion.

I like the Musketeer Cross, very fancy, not to mention a nice alternative to the far more common Iron Cross. In regards to the colour scheme, why not try a lighter sky blue or blue-steel colouration over the usual ultramarine blue? Also, I'd drop the quartered helm, it looks kinda "meh" IMHO, plus it'd be a massive pain in the ass to paint if you ever want to to produce models of your XI Legion.

Quartered I have done before, but I get what you mean with it looking meh. I could try blue steel, did not think about it!

Should be easy. I hope it doesn't look Alpha legionish.

Plus, blue steel would be a great reference to zoolander!

Legion Traditions : Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

Legionnaries are entitled to the right of brotherhood and may participate in Fraternité(warrior lodge) activities if they wish, as long as they do no impeed on their active duties. These brotherhoods forge the core of the legion's values under their reunited primarch, who sees them as a great way to forge character and devellop leadership.

Succession at any level, be it squad, company, battaltion or regiment is undertaken by vote. Fraternité (warrior lodge) tokens are used as ballots. During action, field promotions automatically apply to the second, as chosen by the current officer and beyond that by seniority until a vote can be made. Command can always be challenged by right of arms from any legionnary of same rank or one rank bellow. The challenger must fight on the incumbent's weapons of choice and terms. The first to draw blood 3 times without killing his opponent wins the duel. Should either participants die under any circumstances, a leadership vote must immediately take place. On several occasions in the legion's history, legionnaries have chosen death to prevent events they stand against from transpiring.

Any legionnary directly under the command of the incumbent may choose to challenge the challenger in return, delaying the original challenge. An incumbent may however not choose a champion to fight in his stead. Only legionnaries willing to oppose a challenger may fight, but never replacing the incumbent's pending challenge should they lose. As such, should a legionnary challenge an officer against the collective will of his brothers, he could potentially have to defeat the entire remains of the unit structure before fighting the incumbent. 

More to come

Archived