Horus Heresy Book 6: Retribution Up for sale!

Slips

I'm glad somebody mentioned that the Crusade Army list book will be updated soon - though as someone who's just starting a 30K army thanks to Betrayal at Calth, I'm vaguely annoyed that new players are basically left without a good source of rules until these books do get updated.  I know that the black books are an option, but at around $100USD each(plus shipping), they're ...really not an option.  At least not for someone on any kind of hobby budget.  I do plan on getting the updated red books as soon as they're available, but it sure would be awesome if FW offered pdf's of various books.  I'd pay $30-40 for a pdf of the red books direct from FW that I can keep on my phone/ipad/etc.

What is the campaign setting for this book?

The Silent Wars. Basically all of the "major" battles of the Heresy that never saw the history books of 40K except in the most buried of Inquisitorial documents and the forgotten memories of dead Traitors.

Well obviously not all of them, simply the archetype for them.

What is the campaign setting for this book?

From m_r_parker in the HH Weekender thread:

: m_r_parker

Upon the Anvil of War:

The Salamanders send the cruiser 'Ebon Drake' back to Isstvan to search for their fallen Primarch, under the command of Xiaphas Jurr. Upon reaching Isstvan V they do not find Vulkan, but instead find the sarcophagus of Cassian Dracos under the surface of the world, in which Dracos is still alive. Bringing Dracos back to the Ebon Drake, Dracos becomes the de-facto commander of the ship, and rather than return directly to Nocturne instead commanded that they make their way to the Forge World of Mezoa.

Meanwhile Autilon Skorr of the Alpha Legion has been tasked with the conquest of the Forge World Mezoa. Nark Dredger, commander of the Iron Warriors 114th Grand Battalion, and under the command of Skorr, begins a ground assault on the forces of Mezoa.

The Xana Incursion:

The Forge World of Xana is a key Forge World within the Galaxy, and imperative to both sides of the war effort. Both the Loyalists and Traitors bring offers to Xana for their fealty, with Xana ultimately deciding to side with Horus based on Independence from the Imperium and Mars (provided they offer the necessary weapons and machines to prosecute the war), and decide to give the Traitors three Ordinates Minoris Ulator to seal their agreement. During the handover of these weapons to the Warmasters emissary, a small fleet of Loyalist ships arrive in system to prevent this handover from taking place, and to bring Xana back into the Imperial fold.

Eye of the Storm:

Garro and Rubio try to recruit additional forces to the Imperium; the Dark Brotherhood, lead by an astartes known as the Nemean. Alongside the Blackshields of the Dark Brotherhood, a contingent of White Scars and Blood Angels are also found, with Garro determined to bring news of the Heresy to all the leaders and bring them back to fight for the Imperium. This meeting is ambushed by the Alpha Legion.

Tooth and Claw:

Auto Mor, Iron Father of Clan Morragul and commander of the Red Talon, leads a small fleet of loyalist forces in hampering Horus' expansion into the Imperium. More tactics are seen as extreme, and completely outside of the structure of the Council of Terra or the more formal gathering of the Shattered Legions under Meduson, and relies on extreme strategies to ensure success. The include  the destruction of planets and systems declared for the Warmaster, and tacking Traitor forces at their weakest (when they have just finished a campaign of conquest). During these actions it becomes clear to Mor that the World Eaters were amassing a large force and supplying large numbers of materials from their fiefdoms, so Mor joins the attempt to disrupt the World Eaters hold of Bodt. However, Mor has a more singular motive that to disrupt the Traitors supply line, and within the city of Tredecimmia there lies an item  that Mor will obtain at all costs.

The Scouring of the Nostramo Sector:

Patchy reports are received in the sundering of the Night Lords within their home sector of Nostramo, and of Astartes calling themselves the Ashen Claws who are seemingly taking the Night Lords to task.

Archived