To inquisition the inquisition.

Dominion

Heya! Just popping in from the warp to ask a few questions on the inquisition. Firstly was wondering if they are even legal for 7th edition? Checked out the codex and seems kinda old and no formations. And secondly are the inquisition able to shove Spacemarines in Chimeras? Buddy has an army plan that mixes them in. I don't mind the inquisition, they bring a lot of conversion ideas to the fore but I'm also wary that some cheezball rules could occur while its out of date. Ultimately in the end I could just refuse to face them but would like to weigh some opinions first.

They're legal, it's not the only codex without formations in - Guard for example also have no formations in their current codex.

Space Marines can go in Chimeras, even Terminators as the rules don't preclude this. This isn't an Inquisition thing either, Guard Chimeras share the same rules or lack thereof. It's not a particularly good use of Marines or Chimeras so you shouldn't be bothered, the Inquisition can do some cool things but nothing broken or cheesy. Certainly not compared to what some other codices can do!

Yes as WarriorFish says they're perfectly legal.

I find that people sometimes get upset over some of the stuff inquisition can do because it takes them by surprise but they quickly realize it's all easily counterable what what seemed like cheese was just the element of surprise. There is nothing cheeseball in the =][= codex at all IMO.

OK cool, thanks for the info. I didn't know guard can do it too. I thought the new Cadian codex counted as a new Astra militarum but it's more like a supplement. And what threw me off initially about inquisition legality is that there is no rules errata for some armies in the games workshop site and for being an older codex I thought it may be phased out like some of the fantasy armies or on the verge of being updated for the 7th edition . I will put them back on the death docket just after I get a few more learning games under my belt.

Well lol sounds like a good reason to refuse facing the inquisition. If buddy wants to play that faction he gotta buy the codex since the ePub or PDFs are most likely not updated.

I'm not sure why you came to the Inquisition forum looking for reasons to refuse to play against this completely valid and legal army. Thank goodness the people at my local gaming shop and tournament circuit don't have such an attitude, or I'd play a lot fewer games.

I don't like piracy, so I'm okay with GW protecting their IP. Using a pirated/illegal PDF of the army would not be cool, so that might be "a reason" (although I'd hesitate to call it a good one) to refuse to play. But then you better be 100% consistent on that and refuse anyone who you think is violating copyright law. In general refusing to play valid, legal armies is not something I am a fan of. At all. If I had a "friend" who did that I don't know how long we'd stay friends for.

Pretty sure the ePub gets updated too, you just have to download the latest version from Black Library website or Warhammer Digital or wherever that stuff is now. Only difference between ePub and iBooks version is that the latter updates automatically.

• 1 month later...

The Epub's get updated via Black Library's site directly.  You just re-download the most recent version.

That being said, the most recent version hasn't changed, nor are there any rules that I remember from my completely legitimate copy that changed.  The only major change was when they went to the new psychic disciplines but that was a long while ago.  No new rules or anything needed clarifying and I haven't noticed a conflict rules wise.

Then again I haven't Warhammered in any variety in a year or two so...

But the army is definitely valid and the rules are up to date on the Black Library site.  Just gotta fork over the cash same as any other Codex.

Archived