Model transport

Yoyo ninja

I may be late chiming in here, but I really like just a plastic tote with a snap-on lid for my drop pods and rhinos.  (I don't have any knights, so I can't speak to them.)  I put a sheet of foam from the craft store in the bottom for padding and wrap each individual vehicle in an old t-shirt or something.  I'm really picky about my models and have noticed zero breakage or damage with this method, even on long car trips over bumpy rural roads.  The foam cases are great, and I love them for infantry (particularly KR), but the pods just take up so much room.

I may be late chiming in here, but I really like just a plastic tote with a snap-on lid for my drop pods and rhinos. (I don't have any knights, so I can't speak to them.) I put a sheet of foam from the craft store in the bottom for padding and wrap each individual vehicle in an old t-shirt or something. I'm really picky about my models and have noticed zero breakage or damage with this method, even on long car trips over bumpy rural roads. The foam cases are great, and I love them for infantry (particularly KR), but the pods just take up so much room.

This is how I usually transport my pods too actually.

• 1 year later...

As I move closer to fielding an army I have a new logistics issue I hadn't considered.

How the hell do I get all these models to the FLGS?

I just started researching and came across Army Transport and BattleFoam options

The problem is I have no practical experience of how much space I need to move these models around.

Anyone have feedback on bag size and foam trays needed?

I'm looking at motorpool BF352/432/720

I doubt I will ever be larger than 2k points.  I am currently a 3 dreadnought army with tons of power armor (GH/LF/HQs) and no vehicles.  If I ever incorporate vehicles I understand the modular design of most of the options on the market makes it easier

Browsing online it looks like the Motor Pool and 720 bags are out of stock.

I'm leaning battlefoam 432 right now because it allegedly fits on air travel carry on.

Any feedback?

Edited by TiguriusX

I've never been happy with the foam separators. I'm able to fit all of my power armor models (close to 100) into a single repurposed Imperium Sector box with a magnetic sheet (all my PA models have a washer superglued to the base). I have the rest of my models in a wheeled Stanley toolbox (using foam sheets to pad between layers). I was using the GW box, but I outgrew it with well over 5k points worth of models to consider. Granted, I've reclaimed space by shelving my drop pods and TWC. Hopefully our codex will make them viable again (sorry, but they just aren't currently, IMO).