Krieg Orders Rule

CyderPirate

Hey folks, just wanting a sanity check on something.

I noticed with the rules for the Krieg Siege Regiment orders that there is nothing to prevent a unit receiving multiple orders. In fact, it actually looks like that's the intention. The only restriction on units receiving a second or third order seems only comes into effect if a unit was forced to shoot or run as a result of a previous order. You couldn't order a unit to FRFSRF twice in a row, for example, or to Bring it Down and then Dig In. On top of that, the rules for rolling snake eyes or box cars on your LD checks only apply to the unit being ordered - it's not army-wide, like the standard 'dex. So if you get double 1s for your order, any others that you issue to that unit go off automatically, but you still have to roll for orders to other units. Similarly, if you roll 6s, you're only stopped from issuing any more orders to that unit, but can still issue orders elsewhere.

It seems like a fairly obvious observation, but I've not seen it mentioned anywhere else, and it gives you some pretty strong combinations. It also runs counter the normal rules for issuing orders, even though these came out AFTER the current dex. Thoughts?

Some fun combos:

You could order a HWS to Dig In, before making them fire twin-linked at a vehicle.

Or, you could issue the 'Clear the Trenches ' order and follow it up with FRFSRF to give you assault 3 lasguns at 12". 

Hiding behind an aegis line? Get Back in the Fight, then FRFSRF, for an immediate full-strength volley. 

Or Dig In, then FRFSRF if you're camping in terrain and are expecting some nasty firepower next turn.

I've not posted the exact wording here, as I'm not sure if that's against the rules. If it's okay, I'll follow up later with the full text. And if this'd be better serveed in the rules section, feel free to move it there. Thought I'd be better canvasing the barracks first.

This is true, another interesting difference is that the Siege Regiment Krieg Command squad Master of Ordnance does not scatter on hit's when using it's artillery attack.  Another reason to take more of them for orders.

Cheers man. I was just surprised that I'd never seen it mentioned anywhere. Seems like a pretty big difference, and gives loads of potential. Also gives me a reason to pay those extra points for the Death Rider Command Squads. I didn't really rate them before, but 15pts for an extra order, plus a spot for a demo charge might make me try them out.

Archived