Triumph of Ullanor

karden00

Okay, so I rag on other legions/primarchs, so I totally welcome Rowboat jokes but....

I was reading the fluff of Ullanor, and it notes Ultramarines, White Scars and Luna Wolves being the main actors.

But rereading A Thousand Sons, Magnus notes he is going to join his bros at the dias, listing off the names of the Primarchs who we see on the cover art of the compilation The Primarchs. 

Where is Guilliman for the triumph? The Khan and Horus are there, but Guilliman is not, and many Primarchs who are not listed in the fluff (WH40K Wikia) as being especially active are present. 

Am I missing something? 

From HH point of view it was only the 9 Primarchs, the rest could not come or sent proxies. The ones on the balcony on the cover fit what we know from HH sources. In Scars there is more flashback to the triumph, and talk of it in Fear to Tread, and I know at least one more. Thousand Sons maybe?

I can't tell you where Guilliman was at that specific time off the top of my head but maybe someone else can. We know, for example, where the SWs were from Prospero Burns book.

The Ultras were policing up the remnant ork xenoholds. I believe a tetrarch stood in for Guilliman.

Source?

There's an exchange between Abaddon and a Tetrarch where Abaddon insinuates the Ultras didn't pull their weight and the Tetrarch knocks him down. I think it's one of the Wraight novels.

Archived