Night Lords Terror Assault 2k

Ave_Dominus_Nox

I've been bouncing around this list in my head for a bit now, and it will serve as a list of purchases to be made and as a jumping off point into heresy (and back into 40k in general, haven't played outside of the occasional vassal game in a few years). Trying to make sure the list is strong enough to stand a fighting chance, while still bringing the fluffy taste we all enjoy. Critique away!

+++ VIII Legion, XXIV Company "The Baleful Dusk" (2000pts) +++

+ HQ +

Legion Centurion [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Psychic Mastery Level 2, Refractor Field, Volkite Serpenta]
··Consul [Librarian]

Legion Praetor  [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Trophies of Judgement, Volkite Serpenta]
··Master of the Legion [Terror Assault]

+ Troops +

Terror Squad [9x Executioner, 10x Volkite Charger]
··Headsman [Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive]

Terror Squad [9x Executioner, 10x Volkite Charger]
··Headsman [Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive]

Terror Squad [6x Executioner, Legion Drop Pod, 7x Volkite Charger]
··Headsman [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Nostraman Chainglaive]

+ Elites +

Apothecarion Detachment
··Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Volkite Charger]

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

+ Heavy Support +

Deathstorm Drop Pod [Drop Pod Assault special rule, Five Deathstorm Krak Launchers]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VIII: Night Lords]

+ Lord of War (390pts) +

Sub-orbital Strike Wing
··Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [Ground-tracking Auguries, Phosphex bomb cluster, Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

··Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter [Ground-tracking Auguries, Phosphex bomb cluster, Two Kraken penetrator heavy missiles]

Rather than the phosphex bomb clusters, I'd take Battle Servitor Control on the Lightnings. Helps with ensuring those Krakens do their job.

With the remaining points, you can give your other Headsmen some artificer armour.

Everything else looks pretty solid to me! :)

Looks nice but I'm afraid any opponent with a mobile list will just outmanoeuvre you. Yes you infiltrate but unless you have first turn to cause some damage and perhaps cripple your opponent, your infiltrating squads will just get blasted of the bored or will be stuck in difficult terrain caused by grav weapons.

I'd stick all the squads in dreadclaws and maybe drop the death storm and downgrade the contemptor to a cortus.

And as caillum said rather then giving the lightnings the phospex give all headsmen artificer armour and take servitors for the lightnings them self.

If you're going to take a drop pod for terror squads, I prefer a normal legion drop pod so you can get accurate deep strike and get right into the action to unleash those volkites. Plus they are much cheaper which will save you pts for other units. 

Yeah, finding that many points for 3 Dreadclaws is going to mean sacrificing at least a Lightning. 2 more Legion Drop Pods, however, is doable.

Also, you have 3 empty Fast Attack slots - you should really put those Lightnings there. As Lords of War, they'll give up a VP each when they die, and will come in as a group rather than individually. FA ones can arrive on different points of the board, giving you some versatility.

Archived