Blade of Perdition

OneOfOneThousand

Hi All,

Quick one - with the Blood Angel's Blade of Perdition it says something along the lines of (massive paraphrasing) 1 wound caused = 2 wounds taken.

Am I to take this as to meaning against one model or against the unit? Played against it over the weekend, and one of my terminators (standard 1 wound ones) suffered a wound, which we then took to mean I lost 2 terminators.

I can see it either way, but the more I've thought about it the more I think it should be against one model as if I had 2 models in one unit, one made a save and the other didn't - why would/should I lose both?

Happy for thoughts!

I'm thinking it can actually kill two models with one wound. The reason for this is because it causes the wounds, before saves. The way the dice work, this means that you've caused...two wounds. I'm thinking its effectively a volkite swords, melting through one opponent and into the other behind him, in a whirlwind of destruction.

Yes, if the character is killed from one of the two wounds, the second will spill over into the unit.

Also how would wound allocation work with this weapon, is it from models in base contact or is it randomly allocated??

certainly seems to be a case of

roll to wound.

if you cause 1 wound, it becomes 2

player makes a save for each wound

if he passes both, nobody dies, if he fails both he loses two models (if they all have 1 wound each).

• 1 month later...

Just spoke to FW about this since the rules weren't 100% clear to me. Every wound caused causes 2 wounds which can remove 2 separate models. So a praetor on the charge (with a bit of luck) can potentially wipe out a 10 man tac squad in 1 round of combat by himself.

I know usually FW aren't a definitive answer to a rules query but this time the fella was 100% sure how it is meant to work (and being a SW player tbh I wanted the decision to go the other way) 

Thought would post this incase there was any debate remaining about the issue :)

Archived