Mechanicus as Allies

inquisition is a good add on for the mechanicum, i've tried them out in the last couple of games. These were the few setups i've tried:

Inquisitor coteaz joining a squad of kataphrons with grav - any unit arriving within 12" of the inquisitors unit via reserves receives a full shooting of the inquisitors unit with full BS! that's 18 grab shots, 3 phosphor blasters and for fun i added the tech priest dominus so that's an added volte blaster and macrostubber. and that's too any and all units within 12"  

xenos inquisitor joining a squad of vanguard - the vanguard are always pressing forward so why not give them a bit more beeft close combat character. venom talon, or null rod are nice weapon choices, you could also give the liber heresius which gives the inquisitors unit a special rule you choose each turn ( split fire, counter attack, scout and so on)

And of course psychics! The one thing mechanicus is missing! inquisitors can have psychic powers but their henchmen provide a psyker for a mere 10 points!

Same. xD Seems to be a wink of the universe because someone in my Tabletop Group just asked if someone else wants to buy stuff from Forgeworld. So I joined in and ordered Salomon Lok. :D

The Inquisition provide many benefits, most of all in theme and style - something the AdMech know already ;) As if this wasn't good enough there's an Inquisition section on the B&C too where you can discuss your sinister and secretive plans and share your fancy models.

Incidentally the AdMech bits are great for kit bashing acolytes and the like for war bands so you're already half way to a nice Inquisition contribution :)

So, with Solomon Lok ordered I wanted to ask for some possible builds for the Inquisitor.

Also his warband looks fun! I like the Daemon Hosts but their models look aweful. :/ Same goes for the Acolytes and the Psykers (from Astra Militarum) just look like old men. Are there any good alternative models? The Scions look awesome and could be used as Acolytes. The Possessed of the CSM are neat too but they have all the chaos symbols and stuff.

Death Cult assassins can be made from Dark Eldar Wyches, priests can be made from Fantasy empire warrior priests, you can make psykers from fantasy wizards, if you're inclined to do some converting. Personally I don't use Daemonhosts, due to fluff reasons (I'm a bit puritanical; you don't make a pact with a demon to fight the Devil. Sure you're doing good works, but you're still damned to the pits of hell for it...). With some conversion work, you could turn possessed into soe pretty cool Daemonhosts though, just shave off the chaos marks.

The thing is, scions, are best taken as scions always, since a BS4 hotshot for pretty much the same cost as an acolyte is better than an acolyte at BS3. Taking an inquisitorial warband is best used for melee/psyker support in my opinon. There are plenty of better shooting options for what the Inquisition can offer.

you don't make a pact with a demon to fight the Devil

No, you just shove that Demon into an unfortunate meatbag and take the whole thing to punch chaos itself in its ugly face! >: )

I'll just field the Inquisitor without his warband until I have decided what minis to add. Though I gotta say that the Inquisition offers some pretty fun melee options and the Crusaders look really cool!

Death Cult assassins can be made from Dark Eldar Wyches, priests can be made from Fantasy empire warrior priests, you can make psykers from fantasy wizards, if you're inclined to do some converting. Personally I don't use Daemonhosts, due to fluff reasons (I'm a bit puritanical; you don't make a pact with a demon to fight the Devil. Sure you're doing good works, but you're still damned to the pits of hell for it...). With some conversion work, you could turn possessed into soe pretty cool Daemonhosts though, just shave off the chaos marks.

The thing is, scions, are best taken as scions always, since a BS4 hotshot for pretty much the same cost as an acolyte is better than an acolyte at BS3. Taking an inquisitorial warband is best used for melee/psyker support in my opinon. There are plenty of better shooting options for what the Inquisition can offer.

Eh, I don't know, acolytes can get accompanying Jokaero, that could give them power armor or AP2 hotshots (or AP4 stormbolters).

henchmen options:

psyker (with divination) + 2 jokearo weapon smiths is pretty nasty. Add a inquisitor with conversionbeamer and that's a tankkiller unit.

crusaders are always a good price for an additional wound and storm shield.

acolytes are best taken without upgrades, nothing more then disposable wounds.

Eh, I don't know, acolytes can get accompanying Jokaero, that could give them power armor or AP2 hotshots (or AP4 stormbolters).

Sure you can make their weapons better, but they still only hit 50% of the time (on average). I'd rather have solid AP3 weapons and BS4, hitting 2/3 times (again, on average), and besides, for about the same cost, you can get scions which shoot better, and have both types of grenades, on top of the hotshots.

I think I need to change the title of this thread, as this is not what I had intended for this thread.

Archived