short question about jinking

Knight Angels

I'll reply about the math first, I'll reply on the rest later ok? I understand how you get 108. It's 2 independent rolls, the scatter die, and the scatter amount, so you should keep them separate per rules and stuff.

1/3 to hit, 2/3 to scatter. Simple enough.

For how I figured out the combinations, it's quite simple actually. Given 2 dice you have 36 possibilities.

The number 2 has 1 possible outcome

3 has 2

4 has 3

5 has 4

6 has 5

7 has 6

8 has 5

9 has 4

10 has 3

11 has 2

12 has 1

Easy enough. What you do is add all the possible outcomes you want. Say I want 6 or less. So I would add 1+2+3+4+5, which gives me 15. So the odds of rolling 6 or less are 15/36. Now, I'll admit I made a quite simple mistake, I'll edit my post. The equation for bs5 would be

(A)+( B )-(ab) (this is the equation of probability of this and/or that)

(1/3)+(10/36)-((1/3)(10/36))

52%

I forgot about the subtraction part. Like I said, I'll go back and update my numbers. I decided to post this on here rather than on pm so that you could understand my thought process, and everyone else could potentially understand as well. Lastly to own up to my own error. I'll get to the rest of your message in a bit.

Also I never claimed that you only get to Jink if you roll a hit on the scatter dice. What I said is that you only get to Jink if the unit that was under the template before scatter is the same as the unit under the template after scatter.... I.E. You HIT the unit you Targeted. And there are some people that I play against that claim it is just the unit targeted (under the hole) even if there are multiple units under the template to begin with.

so let's back at my scenario, but this time the other squad is 2 inches away. 5 inch blast over rightmost model puts both squads under the template. In my opinion both squads would be allowed to jink before roll to scatter is made, since they're both under the template at the time of targeting. In my original scenario, I would not allow the the other squad to jink since it was not under the template originally and not targeted. Is that what you at trying to explain?

Archived