Taurox Autocannon on turret

Hello, I've seen some models on the internet with the Taurox autocannons placed on the turret, but the GW model have them on the sides (weird place to have them btw).

Are these conversions only for aesthetics or is it legal to place it on the 360º turret?

The Taurox battlecannon and the mini-punisher on the prime are turret weapons, so they wont go well with an autocannon turrets (besides heavy conversion work obviously). Since the missile launcher variant doesn't i use the turret, so i guess you could technically use missile launcher+autocannon turret taurox prime. It would probably look ridiculous, since the missiles would need to go through the turret to start.

From a gaming standpoint this also doesn't make much sense in my opinion because the misile launcher has a fixed firing arc, so if you want to fire you have to position the prime so that it's looking at the enemy. At this point, it doesn't really matter if the autocannon has a turret to traverse with, and if you pay the points for the missile launcher, you should prioritize firing that instead of the autocannons (besides the missile launcher is plain better than the cannon, disregarding twin-linked).

This however gave me an idea: convert a taurux prime missile launcher to be a vertical launch unit... As on various warships of today. That way you could put both the turret and the missile launcher on it.

There are some really amazing conversions out there,  I like a 6-wheeled one with an  open back...I'd totally copy that if I didn't want the missiles...I might just have to get the victoria miniatures wheel kit...I think autocannons and missiles is the way to go.

The quad-track has started to grow on me, but there's a pretty common conversion where you either grab the Victoria Miniatures wheel kit or ork trukk wheels and make a half-track.

​At any rate, placing the Autocannons on the turret is an interesting discussion. I reckon you should have a talk with your local gaming place or gaming group and see what they think. There's an argument to be made for both sides I reckon.

​But 20 points for missiles march, that's a pretty hefty sum :S

I've ordered the Victoria's wheels, I'll build it with them instead of the tracks. I've been looking at the half track conversions, and I think I will go with the full wheel Taurox.

I'll use it as a regular Taurox, the Prime version is for Scions only, and they are not in my battle plan at this moment, Veterans will do it instead.

I've seen pictures in the codex of a regular Taurox with the Autocannons in the turret, so that might give it some kind of agreement with the codex. I'll check the instructions of the Taurox when I receive the box, maybe there you can see it in the weapon options.

Thanks for your comments :)

The quad-track has started to grow on me, but there's a pretty common conversion where you either grab the Victoria Miniatures wheel kit or ork trukk wheels and make a half-track.

​But 20 points for missiles march, that's a pretty hefty sum :S

I looked, the problem is that using the rear tracks looks bad, they're not long enough.  A halftrack should have tracks from just behind the driver's seat all the way to the rear bumper...the taurox tracks are way too short, it's worse than just having four tracks in the first place.

20 points isn't insane for the number of shots...I'd not pay it for heavy1, though.  The real problem is the base price of the truck, its' way too high for AV11.

I've ordered the Victoria's wheels, I'll build it with them instead of the tracks. I've been looking at the half track conversions, and I think I will go with the full wheel Taurox.

I like the idea of 6 wheels better than 4, but there don't seem to be standardized kits for that, just one-off conversions, so I guess I'll go with Victoria, too.

Archived