Ah, I understand now. That having been said, the wait for so many stories, and the fact that they would now be told terribly out of sequence with novels and novellas they go with, is just a drag.

For a person who let's say new to our HH love, it would be a nightmare to figure out the correct reading order for all the audios, shorts, novellas, limiteds etc. comparing to 40 main novels. The right version would be to have numerical list with all anthologies and stuff - and not only 40 novels and anthologies

Like this ? http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy-reading-order.html

edit - how long has that been down? :D

According to Wayback Machine, at least since the middle of August.

I personally prefer Sviox's timeline: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/293105-horus-heresy-timeline/

It may be out of date at this point, but it breaks down all the anthologies into individual stories, which I find most helpful.

Thanks. I need to update it, but the hosting site changed at some point and as far as I know you can no longer open the original full resolution image there.

Ah, I understand now. That having been said, the wait for so many stories, and the fact that they would now be told terribly out of sequence with novels and novellas they go with, is just a drag.

For a person who let's say new to our HH love, it would be a nightmare to figure out the correct reading order for all the audios, shorts, novellas, limiteds etc. comparing to 40 main novels. The right version would be to have numerical list with all anthologies and stuff - and not only 40 novels and anthologies

Like this ? http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy-reading-order.html

edit - how long has that been down? biggrin.png

Speak of the devil, it's just gone back up (re-done) tongue.png http://www.blacklibrary.com/horus-heresy-reading-order.html

Though I can't say I'm a fan of it. It's just the release order for the main series, with the novellas and shorts not currently within the numbered series thrown in (Blackshield and Myriad missing). I know, release order is often put forward as a straightforward answer to the question of "How should I work through it?", I'm not saying it's 'wrong', but perhaps a bit unambitious, and redundant once they finish collecting those novellas and shorts together.

The following is from Laurie Goulding over on the First Expedition site:

Just got back from FantasyCon 2016, where Guy Haley, Gav Thorpe and David Guymer were all in attendance with me. Some juicy HH tidbits came out of the sessions we were in.

"This is rumour control. Here are the facts."

- Gav gave a reading from 'Corax', from the brand new novella 'Weregeld'. It featured Corax being led by Bjorn through an apparently anonymous warzone to where the VI Legion had built a stronghold from two crashed landing ships. The Space Wolves had been crushed by their MANY enemies (including the Alpha Legion, World Eaters and Thousand Sons) and Leman Russ was so badly wounded that he was delirious and babbling about the Wolftime. He made references to having failed in something important...

- Guy has written a Primarchs novel, 'Perturabo: The Hammer of Olympia'. It features the early days of his upbringing by the Tyrant of Lochos, and also his vengeful decimation of the populace once they rebel against the Imperium later on.

- Gav is writing a Primarchs novel focusing on Lorgar.

- David is planning a Primarchs novel focusing on Ferrus Manus.

- I announced my SMB novel 'Slaughter at Giant's Coffin', which while 40k also has many links to the Heresy and particularly the events surrounding the Pharos.

Unquote

Guy Haley writing Perturabo and that part of Iron Warriors history? Yes, please. That was long overdue.

Which David are we talking about with Ferrus Manus? Because David Annandale has a Horus Heresy novel down, but David Guymer stated on various occasions that Ferrus is his favorite Primarch and he'd like to tackle them

I assume David Guymer, he mentions him earlier in the post.

Interesting stuff! Russ' failure perhaps being his hunt for Horus?

I'm with DarkChaplain on Perturabo, Olympia is dying to be covered, and I'm stoked for Guy Haley doing it

Gav doing Lorgar is an interesting choice, and I haven't read anything by David Guymer, but fresh takes in the HH are always to be welcomed :)

"Gav gave a reading from 'Corax', from the brand new novella 'Weregeld'. It featured Corax being led by Bjorn through an apparently anonymous warzone to where the VI Legion had built a stronghold from two crashed landing ships. The Space Wolves had been crushed by their MANY enemies (including the Alpha Legion, World Eaters and Thousand Sons) and Leman Russ was so badly wounded that he was delirious and babbling about the Wolftime. He made references to having failed in something important..."

Translation: You need 3 legions to beat the puppies

In all seriousness though, could this be a dream sequence?

If not, having the SW link up with Corax or elements like the Sagyar Mazan makes sense

Russ tries to ambush Horus somewhere, he fails, has to retreat, realizes the most effective use of his force is to bolster the Shattered Legions and other loyalist guerilla elements, e.g. Sagyar Mazan perhaps?

Guy Haley writing Perturabo and that part of Iron Warriors history? Yes, please. That was long overdue.

Which David are we talking about with Ferrus Manus? Because David Annandale has a Horus Heresy novel down, but David Guymer stated on various occasions that Ferrus is his favorite Primarch and he'd like to tackle them

David Guymer

Sons of the Forge is a 50k word short novel. Kyme thought it was a novella but Laurie Goulding corrected him. Think Tallarn: Ironclad. The final Vulkan novel in his trilogy for the Horus Heresy should follow soon after from the looks of it.

Nooooo - why Gods of the Warp why I need to suffer another Salamanders book from Kyme furious.gif

Guess that means Perturabo by Haley will be the 3rd Primarchs novel, out sometime next year.

Still think Magnus Limited edition will come out in December.

I wonder what Sons of the Forge will be about.

Guy Haley - doing Perturabo? Hussah - at least some salvation. Sons of the Forge would be about a black black salamander warrior who will kill all sons of horus single-handedly, can shoot thunderbolts from his ass and could burn space ships with his stare. Bow before the lost primarch dry.png

Quite looking forward to Sons of the Forge (stop throwing things at me lol!). Think Kyme posted in Jan that he was wrestling with it's final draft and it's a stepping stone between Deathfire and the last part of his Heresy Salamanders trilogy.

With Sons of the Forge coming, I think we'll probably see Promethean Sun and Scorched Earth not being printed in other anthologies, and instead saved up for something like a Sons of Vulkan mainline book along with Sons of the Forge. I'd prefer that over throwing a novella into another anthology like happened recently.

With Sons of the Forge coming, I think we'll probably see Promethean Sun and Scorched Earth not being printed in other anthologies, and instead saved up for something like a Sons of Vulkan mainline book along with Sons of the Forge. I'd prefer that over throwing a novella into another anthology like happened recently.

I think that is precisely what will happen just as it has with Corax...a collection of novellas.

I am hoping that will happen with Tallarn as well so we get Executioner and Ironclad in one volume. Had oringally thought they would do this and include the Tallarn related shorts but they have now appeared in an anthology.

Guess that means Perturabo by Haley will be the 3rd Primarchs novel, out sometime next year.

Perty by Haley? I'm buying it.

I think that is precisely what will happen just as it has with Corax...a collection of novellas.

I am hoping that will happen with Tallarn as well so we get Executioner and Ironclad in one volume. Had oringally thought they would do this and include the Tallarn related shorts but they have now appeared in an anthology.

Well, they only collected The Eagle's Talon and Iron Corpses in anthologies so far. Everything prefixed with "Tallarn:" is still up. Executioner, Ironclad, Siren and Witness. Hopefully there'll be one more short story to round it off. I think there's room for something else.

Magnus LE is confirmed for January, which would mean a general HB release for April if they continue the pattern set by previous releases.

As for Sons of The Forge - from the BL Coming Soon page:

THE STORY

Charged with a solemn duty by the primarch himself, Forgefather T’kell of the Salamanders prepares for what may well be his final journey. Along with a chosen few of the Legion’s elite Firedrakes, he must bear the last seven of Vulkan’s greatest weapons away to the secret vault known as the Wrought, putting them forever beyond the reach of treacherous enemy and well-intentioned ally alike. But word has already spread of these legendary artefacts, and there are many who would see T’kell’s endeavour fail for their own gain – the Salamanders must remain true, no matter what horrors they might face...

Archived