When the Khan jabs that Fulgrim does strange things

b1soul

I'm more into the idea that heroes can be absolute douches. And that victims can be bullies.

Not only does it make a character more complex but it does make the reader think.

That being said, I do agree that not every setting has to try and do everything and certain settings don't need to explore certain issues.

Does anyone actually have the 'offending' (or not as the case is) quote to hand?

I don't think anyone looks like a bigot here not really anywhere in any of the GW properties since, well, ever. This discussion stands out as quite interesting and completely civilized so thanks everyone for that.

LG on TFE said it's not a gay joke, and has a a tie to some of the rumors going around.

I've not seen Laurie's rely, but I suspect that's dead on - and I do know Chris Wraight. He's not tacky, cheap, or tawdry enough to either write a terrible joke like that, or be so disrespectful to either the IP and/or people in general. 

Cheers, glad to hear it.

I think we can agree that whether homosexuality is a big no-no throughout much of the Imperium is something not clearly established in the lore.

If the Imperial Faith is similar to Christianity in this regard, then worlds more immersed in the Imperial Faith would likely be less tolerant of homosexuality. But we really don't know the Imperial Faith's stance on the issue

The Imperial Faith has trapping of Christianity, but it's at it's heart a human supremacist faith. And homosexuality is part and parcel of humanity. I don't think the Imperial Faith has any hang ups about sexuality.

And, spoilers:

One of the characters in The Beast Arises is gay, or maybe bisexual. 

I think we can agree that whether homosexuality is a big no-no throughout much of the Imperium is something not clearly established in the lore.

If the Imperial Faith is similar to Christianity in this regard, then worlds more immersed in the Imperial Faith would likely be less tolerant of homosexuality. But we really don't know the Imperial Faith's stance on the issue

The Imperial Faith has trapping of Christianity, but it's at it's heart a human supremacist faith. And homosexuality is part and parcel of humanity. I don't think the Imperial Faith has any hang ups about sexuality.

And, spoilers:

Really?? Which one? I missed this.:) that would make four in BL books so far.

And, spoilers:

Again, we don't have enough information one way or the other, but what we do know is that they consider unproductive behavior a waste, and they have high demands on resources, which they consider people to be part of. I can see them thinking homosexuality as a waste of what the perfect human body is capable, and if you read the Department Munitorums handbook and Imperial Infantrymans uplifting primer you'll see that they consider the body to be absolutely perfect. It is conceivable that if you don't use it for one of the things it was designed for (reproduction) it could be seen as a waste, making it a sin.

Buuuuuut, like others have stated, there are a ton of cultures, religious interpretations, etc. so it's entirely possible for one world/Cardinal to believe it's a horrid sin, and another to think it's ok.

I can't think of a single meeting or night out at the pub where I've talked about it with my friends, let alone sat with Dan Abnett and Gav Thorpe and talked about Space Marine sexing, or bothered to Facebook Andy Chambers for his perspective on Adeptus Astartes Coitus Times.  

This quote alone makes the whole thread worth reading.

And, spoilers:

Really?? Which one? I missed this.smile.png that would make four in BL books so far.

Who are the others?

The Inquisitor occasionally buddys up with her body guard/ secretary apparently.

One part was well written then it was the usual Thorpe crap. Master of assasins turns into a idiot for some reason,  Fleet actions were awful.

And like every book he writes.... plot twist at the end. He needs to be taken out the back behind the barn and shot.

The Khan could well think that brushing your hair is strange. He'd think strutting around like a peacock was strange, On the plains that would probably make him a target.

Though Sangy seems to do a bit of that too, but he was pretty pally with him.

And, spoilers:

Really?? Which one? I missed this.:) that would make four in BL books so far.

Who are the others?
This thread is a mess ;) so I'll Put this here and I hope someone tells me who in TBA is. Thousand Sons have. A main character and her lover, and the guy from the Eisenhorn trilogy. Name escapes me for a moment.

Archived