Better Transport for Inquisitorial Henchmen.

Hey mates. i currently plan to get a small Inquisition force to go with my IGArmy and I have basically two routes I can go. Besides taking Inquisitor Coteaz or Lok with a Squad of DC Assassins in a Land Raider, I am debating between the following options: 

* 2x to 3x Squads of 12x Henchmen w/Flak Armor, 9x with Bolters or Storm Bolters, 3x Plasma Guns. Will be mounted in Chimeras with Turret and Hull-Mounted Hvy. Bolters, and possibly a Pintle Mounted SB with Psybolt Ammunition. 

* 2x to 3x Squads of 6x Henchmen with Flak or Carapace Armor, 3x with Bolters or Storm Bolters, 3x Plasma Guns. Will be mounted in Razorbacks with Twin-Linked Assault Cannon and a Pintle Mounted SB with Psybolt Ammunition. 

Those are my current options I am debating at the moment, and I am more then willing to field Inquisitor Lok's personal Henchmen Squad the same way in either a Chimera or Razorback squads listed above. Both are solid options, but it is basically boiling down between would the Multiple S6 Hvy. Bolter shots or the 4x Twin-Linked S7 Rending Assault Cannon shots. Thoughts?

In a Guard force the Razorbacks are going to be the weaker link, and may suffer for it but I'd wager not enough to be that worried about especially if it's a more mechanised list in general. They will be expensive though so might get a disproportionate amount of attention. As you said both are viable so it comes down to your preferences and what you might need in the list.

Though I'd say the Chimeras are probably a better build overall less so when allied with a Guard army that can find Chimeras and anti-infantry fire power easily enough. In this case the RB build will probably add something more to your Guard :)

In a Guard force the Razorbacks are going to be the weaker link, and may suffer for it but I'd wager not enough to be that worried about especially if it's a more mechanised list in general. They will be expensive though so might get a disproportionate amount of attention. As you said both are viable so it comes down to your preferences and what you might need in the list.

Though I'd say the Chimeras are probably a better build overall less so when allied with a Guard army that can find Chimeras and anti-infantry fire power easily enough. In this case the RB build will probably add something more to your Guard :)

That's what I am thinking as well. Plan to run a Mechanized List utilizing Grenadiers from the DKOK Grenadier Assault Brigade list or Veterans from the Regular IG Codex. Both have a lot of Anti-Infantry weaponry already and the Razorbacks would give me some more Fire Power, as I could opt to field them with Twin-Linked Lascannons for Anti-Armor or Lascannon and Plasma Gun for a more All-Comers build. Thoughts?

Do plan to get Chimeras as well to mix things up but wanted to go this route first to see how it goes.

I find the more expensive upgrades on RBs make them quite unaffordable in most cases, but to linger at the back in a Guard list offering accurate lascannon/plasma fire could be good. I'd keep the squads cheap to compensate for this though.

That's the plan. Was only planning on fielding units of 6x Acolytes per Assault Cannon Razorback (3x w/Plasma Guns, 3x w/Bolters or Storm Bolters, Carapace Armor). Pretty cheap but they can still dish out a lot of shots per squad. Inquisitor Lok's unit will be basically the same above minus 1x Bolter/Storm Bolter Acolyte. Maybe two if I decide to use Major Durra, and his Razorback would have the Twin-Linked Lascannon or the Lascannon and Plasma Gun Turret.

Archived