Ultramarines - Joining the Blue Brotherhood

This is excellent stuff, and before i comment further i will say i understand it as - that the Client gives you the product already made and pays for a certain level of finish..correct?

I'm sure they pay well,as they should of course,since you deliver excellent results...

laugh.png tongue.png Tell your client if he/she is going to such expense they need to drill the barrels,clean the mold lines etc, it's such a beautiful army that it's a shame the last 2 yards of work were not done ....

The Painting - its just perfectly weathered and chipped thumbsup.gif , i really love the melta blast..could i trouble you to tell us how you went about it and the colours used?

the hazard stripes on the vindicator's wpn loader are superb. the red canopies...is that simply tamiya clear?...

cheers Mithril

This is excellent stuff, and before i comment further i will say i understand it as - that the Client gives you the product already made and pays for a certain level of finish..correct?

I'm sure they pay well,as they should of course,since you deliver excellent results...

laugh.pngtongue.png Tell your client if he/she is going to such expense they need to drill the barrels,clean the mold lines etc, it's such a beautiful army that it's a shame the last 2 yards of work were not done ....

The Painting - its just perfectly weathered and chipped thumbsup.gif , i really love the melta blast..could i trouble you to tell us how you went about it and the colours used?

the hazard stripes on the vindicator's wpn loader are superb. the red canopies...is that simply tamiya clear?...

cheers Mithril

Thank you Mithril. I agree it is a shame.

The melta blast was mostly airbrushed with gold then a brown ink then matt black then vallejo steel. I used purple and blue washes to add some more subtle variations. I was trying to copy heat marks from welding and having reference pics in front of me helped a lot.

And yes the canopies are simply tamiya clear red sprayed on the inside. Wonderful stuff that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Lot of pictures of the next few units to make up for the lack of updates recently. Started on the infantry for the army and trying to keep the details simple so they don't take too long.

As you can see from the last few posts not all the pictures are showing the same size. This is confusing as the actual photos are the same width and pixel density. I use photobucket to host has anyone had similar issues? This update is thankfully ok but only because I removed one shot that didn't play along. The camera app on my phone has also recently changed so I am relearning how to use that as well hence the infantry are a lower quality picture.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Nice looking Ultras brother. Particularly like the effect on the Vindicator siege shield.

Thanks. It was an experiment that turned out well. 

Update with a Devastator squad. 

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/brushknights/CameraZOOM-20160723185707667_zpseezanyap.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/brushknights/CameraZOOM-20160723185739011_zpsa0axkpo5.jpg

Archived