HH6: Retribution new Legion specific wargear

Millicant

Okay, so this is a bit confusing.  Also, if this has already come up - please point me in the right direction.  

HH6: Retribution lists several items of new Legion-specific wargear as "with access to normal wargear may instead take a new wargear for +15 points."  Emphasis mine.  So does that mean that the new wargear costs 15 points?  Or that it costs what that original option would have cost, plus an additional 15 points?

For argument, White Scars Praetors "may take a single Cyber-hawk for +10 points."  There is no other wargear referenced here.  

On the flipside, the Blood Angels Iliastus Assault Cannon may be taken by any model with a Heavy Flamer for +5 points each.  Now, when it comes to things like pintle-mounted weapons on vehicles, Heavy Flamers typically cost 15, meaning that Iliastus Assault Cannons would cost 20, right?

Just to throw one more wrench in there: wargear like the White Scars Power Glaive (WHOA btw - Ap2 at initiative for 15 points!?) costs +15 points.  A normal character pays 15 for a power weapon, so no big deal, but a terminator-armoured sergeant already has a power weapon, does he then pay 15 more!?

So, any thoughts?  This is obviously relevant to me as I'm writing the Battlescribe catalogues for this stuff right meow.  I can't really release it until I sort this out...

Power Glaive requires power weapons as an option; Terminators do not have the option for Power Weapons, they have PW as equipment. Terms cannot take Glaives.

In terms access to the glaive, AFB, but it's characters with 'access to power weapons as an option may instead take X for Xpts'.

Hope that helps.

If you have the option to buy X, you can instead buy Y.  If you already have X, you don't have the option to buy it, so you can't get Y.

With the heavy flamer example, you already have to have X before can upgrade it to Y, so you may have to pay for X first.

If you want a reason why, lets just say that discussions on the subject always ended badly and with mod intervention.

Thats why. ^_^

With blood Angels it says 'models equipped with a heavy flamer can take an assault cannons or X points'

So you have to be EQUIPPED with it before you pay your fee to get assault cannons. It's pretty straight forward in wording.

Example.

Heavy support squad, equips heavy Flamers, then pays for assault cannons.

Deredeo has stock heavy Flamers, can swap out by paying the fee.

Simples

Archived