Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain

Wraithwing

Just finished an Interrogator Chaplain for a painting competition at my local GW. Just thought I'd share it with you guys:

gallery_5348_1577_184528.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_139718.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_18153.jpg

gallery_5348_1577_87480.jpg

It was a blind bag challenge, so didn't know what I'd be painting, so was pleasantly surprised when I pulled this guy.

Sorely tempted to start a new Dark Angels army, but need to finish my Wolves first!

Cheers,
WW

• 2 weeks later...

Real nice! I really like the contrast between the darker areas and the brighter ones. May I ask how it did in the compitition?

He came fourth our of about 15 entries. 

I can't be mad, as the three in front of him were absolutely stunning, and deserved to win. 

I voted for this one!

Are you local to me then Marv? biggrin.png

@Wraithwing - Very nice model! Brother marvmoogy is about an hour's drive NNW of you in Nantwich, Cheshire.

Not sure if I should take that as a #stalkeralert ;-)

I was down playing a game there on that day.

I voted for this one!

Are you local to me then Marv? biggrin.png

@Wraithwing - Very nice model! Brother marvmoogy is about an hour's drive NNW of you in Nantwich, Cheshire.

Not sure if I should take that as a #stalkeralert ;-)

I was down playing a game there on that day.

Ah yes, with the Space Wolves army? We were chatting about Curse of the Wulfen, as I recall.

Small world!

Nicely done! I've been ogling that mini, but I've been put off by the power fist, as it's 25 points wasted IMO. Did you have to do any cutting to do the swap, or was the PF a separate bit?

Not at all. I just cut off the piece the pipe from the PF fits into, then shaved off the slightly rounded arm joint on the miniature, then glued the PP and hand straight on.

Archived