Lion vs. Curze R4 confirmed for AoC

b1soul

The lion finally captures Curze, who then cements his feet and throws him into the ocean.

Curze is however somehow saved by some sentient, possibly daemon, sea creature.

i was gonna go with airlock stuff; thrown into space and jazz but Rob's already been through that so it wouldn't be original. I prefer the idea of Curze saved by a mer-man.

I can see it now, one of the Lion's trusted advisors will step in the way, and he'll backhand their head at Curze as a distraction. Even Curze will just be like "dude, you've got some issues. I'm gonna jet and let you sort yourself out "

Honestly all these repeat fights would have been fine if one of them was actually going to die. Just this mounting frustration on both sides building and building before a final throw-down that only one can walk away from alive.

But we're just gonna be blue-balled again. Maybe it will turn out that The Lion is secretly M'Shen? What a wonderful(ly stupid) twist that would be!

Anyway, I hope their final duel takes place in a volcano. And the Lion can punch boulders or something.

We've had 1st brawl in Savage Weapons

Re-match in Prince of Crows with Curze put into a coma

Lion and Curze cat-and-mouse in Unremembered Empire

2 on 1 in UE...Curze almost blows up his two bros

Now...Round 4 and we know neither dies. I just don't know how Thorpe could make this satisfying

I only hope they get the duel out of the way early in the novel, Curze escapes, and then we see Jonson and Sanguinius punch out from the 500 worlds towards Terra. It'd be quite unrewarding if we have to slog throughthe full novel for the duel, knowing full well nothing is going to change.

Nothing serious will happen. By the end of the novel Lion will get back to Macragge and they will discuss how to get to Terra. The way to it would be described next novel - it's so past time we leave Ultramar behind

Again, I dont understand why is it so hard to understand the context. The last I checked is that Tsalgualsa is still around as Night Lords base during Scouring but not for long. Curze has escaped few times and remained at large in Eastern Fringe. For someone that is obsessed with his honor, it is obvious that Lion will hunt Curze to the end, whether he has Sanguinius's order or not. And that makes it even better, Sanguinius charged Guilliman of asking Lion to bring Curze to Macragge itself. 

This might just be art based on one of the previous fights, it doesn't mean there'll be another one necessarily.

"Two infamous Space Marine Primarch rivals clash for the final time.

With the Dark Angels spread across a hundred systems, primarch Lion El’Jonson stands as Lord Protector of Ultramar – though his true motives are known to few indeed, and old rivalries on the home world threaten to tear the Legion in half. But when word comes of the Night Lords’ attack on Sotha, the Lion’s brutal actions bring Imperium Secundus once again to the brink of civil war. Not even the most fearsome warriors of the Dreadwing, nor any arcane secret of the Order, can guarantee victory if he sets himself against his loyal brothers."

a spokesperson a BL is quoted as having said "Fans are the worst. If they want Horus Heresy novels we will give them worst stories possible...and shove them down their throats." -- pilfered from an Onion article

Thanks for the info b1. Ignorance is, however, bliss.

The Lion is going to let Curze go. I feel it in my elbow

Lol. Yes I do. It's from an article on American football from the Onion "quoting" the commissioner. Which is why I wrote pilfered. Sorry if it was unclear what I meant. But I am most definitely joking.

Corswain arrives at Caliban and is greeted by Luthur and co. Cypher is doing so vague stuff which makes it difficult to see on which side he sits. Zahariel is somewhere distant/trapped and is prevented from telling Corswain that some bad stuff is going down on Caliban. Zahariel/The Watcher/Corswain eventually transmit a message to the Lion which says come home quickly blah blah blah

Elsewhere ...

Russ meets up with the Lion. Russ tells the Lion that Terra stands and they need to get back pronto. The Lion says he needs to kill Curze first so they decide to hunt him together. They themselves then send a message to Sanguinius/Imperium Secundus that Terra stands ....

Elsewhere ...

Sanguinius has a spat with Guilliman. Guilliman goes off traitor hunting and Sanguinius receives message about Terra and leaves Maccrage without Guilliman. Or both get message and Guilliman weighs up that it's probably warp tricks and decides not to leave until The Lion returns. In meantime Sanguinius heads to Terra.

Back with Lion and Russ....

Lion and Russ chase Curze for a bit. Russ's armour gets damaged so he needs to borrow some Lion armour or they decide for Russ to wear Lion armour to confuse Curze with 2 Lions (reason for this is because I hate blonde Lion).

Russ takes out Curze gutting or crippling him.

Lion turns up and gets angry and knocks out Russ.

Lion leaves for Terra but receives message on way about Caliban so heads there. Also logic in Lion thinking he should have a stinking big legion there.

Russ regains consciousness and Curze has gone (imagine Sevatar broke out somewhere earlier in the story and rescued him).

Russ shouts at the sky 9and shakes first) 'damn you Lion'el' and then shoots off to Terra.

End

Archived