PLOG - Unnamed Dark Angels Successor chapter

Vharn

Long time lurker here.

I noticed I have a large pile of marines lying around the house that are all in need of a nice lick of paint. So I have started this PLOG in order to keep myself motivated, and finally complete some miniatures.

No background for the chapter has been written yet, but I will be working on that soon. The chapter will be Dark Angel Successors, as the Dark Angels were my first love back when I started 40k in the early 00s. I have largely determined their color scheme, but I still need to work out the chapter iconography. I have made some photos of the first test models. I'm quite happy with the way they have turned out so far and hope my painting skills will improve over the course of this plog smile.png

Comments, suggestions, criticism etc. are appreciated.

gallery_53022_11868_128321.jpg

gallery_53022_11868_13662.jpg

gallery_53022_11868_52079.jpg

gallery_53022_11868_47509.jpg

Leg triangle will be removed from future models

gallery_53022_11868_186921.jpg

Great start! your whites are nice and even, and the weathering is balanced nicely. (may wanna touch up the greaves on the second to last guy, just a tad too much wash imho. happy.png)

i'll be following with interest! msn-wink.gif

Thank you for the comments, I really appreciate it.

@Argent aquila: Indeed, I have some touching up to do on the models where I went overboard with the weathering. I hope to find the correct balance soon.

I will try to paint a HQ choice this week. I will probably post a couple of updates in the weekend. This week, I will also experiment with the bases, I've been wanting to try out the Martian Ironearth paint, as I quite like the effect. Not sure if it will suit the color scheme though.

More updates soon.

Archived