Nephelim Jetfighter counts-as Lightning

Hummous

Hey guys, just wanted to get some opinions on whether you would accept this in a game? For reference, here are pics of the two 

neoh.JPG

voss

couple of reasons why i think its ok: They seem to be roughly the same size, they have exactly the same weapons loadout (2 lascannons, 6 missiles) 

reasons why i want to use it:

- Its piloted by a marine, which i think fits better than a random imperial navy ship

- it costs about half the price!

what do you think?

I didn't really mean lore-wise, I think the idea of regular soldiers fighting alongside astartes is one of my favourite things about the HH series. For example the novella where Aeonid Thiel and the trooper hang out killing word bearers is bad ass.

I just prefer the aesthetic, and i like the idea of a marine piloted jetfighter!

• 1 month later...

YOu have to cut off some tail emblems, nothing serious. I did the same thing for my RG when I wanted a lighting. Cheaper and ties in visually with the rest of my ravens.

Also with the new update to flyers I wonder what role the Lightning will take. First thought is Fighter considering its name, but it can also take bombs and strafing run. Fighter role rules with bombs doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Unless it's kit determined role, if you take strafing run its Attack, bombs it's bomber.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say I disagree, might as well use mk7 marines as well, they look similar as heresy marines.

And if you don't have the cash to spring for a full resin army?

30k plays exactly the same with whatever mark of armour your marines are wearing. :p

Gotta say I disagree, might as well use mk7 marines as well, they look similar as heresy marines.

Gotta love the whiff of elitism - pfeh, Mk7 peasants.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Power_Armour#Mark_7_.22Aquila_.28Eagle.29_Armour.22

Mark VII armour, also known as the “Aquila,” “Imperator” or “Eagle” armour, was developed during the Horus Heresy, and remains in use as the most common form of power armour ten thousand years later. It represents the final major development of Mark 6 armour.[1]

While the final battle for Mars was underway, the Imperium realised the planet would eventually be lost. Armour development teams were transferred to Earth to continue, incorporating their latest work into the armour type that would become Mark 7. As Mars fell to Horus, the new armour began reaching the Space Marines on Terra and Luna.[1]

Mk7 is a Horus Heresy period mark of power armour. There's NOTHING wrong with Mk7 Marines in Heresy. NOTHING.

Stop talking nonsense.

Archived