Hey there,

just saw that there is an omnibus incoming including the following

- Horus Rising

- False God

- Galaxy in Flames

- The Wolf of Ash and Fire

- Lord of the red sands

- Death of a Silversmith

Haven't read any of those so it seems like it would be worth purchasing or not? smile.png

The price is different between BL and Amazon.

Amazon: € 17,84 (but only lists the first three novels)

BL: € 19,99 (from where I copied the list)

Will there be a real difference? Or is it just a mistake by amazon?

*edit*

Strange...the German version costs € 19,99 as well. oO

Think I will give it a try. ^^

There is no difference, they're the same thing, though Amazon shows the wrong cover iirc. They only have the information BL/GW submitted to them (which is also why Throneworld was still listed as written by Ben Counter with the cover showing L J Goulding when really, its a Guy Haley), and they rarely bother updating.

Another difference is that the Amazon release tends to be later so GW/BL can bugger people into buying directly from them first, at a higher price.

Its a nice omnibus for newcomers who don't own the novels yet, but there is literally nothing new in it that hasn't been part of the numbered series. The short stories are all printed in either Shadows of Treachery, War Without End or Eye of Terra.

The second Omnibus, The Last Phoenix, jumps all over the place though. Fulgrim, Angel Exterminatus, The Reflection Crack'd, The Crimson Fist and various short stories. I like that they try to group them by Legion and all, but that results in structural problems when they span so much time and branch off so heavily. Heck, you could make a case for Iron Hands stories in The Last Phoenix due to Fulgrim.

Archived