E TENEBRAE LUX and you: What will you pledge?

Brother Haim

Brothers,

This coming ETL will be my first and I am very eager to put paint to plastic. I wanted to put the question out. Members of the Unforgiven what do you plan to pledge, and what is the motivation behind that choice?

For this Battle Brother, I have spent hours poring over the codex and my collection of models and books searching for inspiration and ideas. Should I finally flesh out a Ravening Company, add a few more Bikes and Land speeders to what little Ravenwing I own? Maybe a few siege tanks and Scouts to flesh out my Lion’s Blade Detachment? My friends I was stuck in a loop of what ifs and maybes, but after another few hours on the internet I found it, more Deathwing!

The Deathwing has a new video game scheduled for release, “Space Hulk: Deathwing”, and the trailers provided so much inspiration. Watching the “Rise of the Terminator” trailer has got me so pumped. I intend to create a Deathwing Strike Force with models based on the cast of “Rise of the Terminator”. I plan to at least do a Terminator Librarian and at least three squads of Deathwing Terminators with a cast member from the trailer featured within the squads.

Anyways, I will post my list when the time comes, but back on topic. Fill us in with what your ideas are for this year’s ETL. Let’s get each other motivated to participate and represent the 1st Legion.

“For the Lion and for the Emperor!”

Well my idea is to finish a Demi Company, Command Squad, Company Vets, Chaplain and Knight Commander... This is my ultimate goal.

I have a Imperial Knight that I will try to do, along with my Azrael, Ezekiel, Lord Protector, Paladin, Some 1st and 2nd.

I dont want to vow too much but I should be OK this year my eye is fine :).

I have a couple vows planned. I won't get to all of them, but a man can dream. 
1. Finish the Demi Company: All Grav canons so 2 Dev squads, Razorbacks and Droppods, Command Squad and another Company master. It's gonna be >1000 pts
And after that I'll have to choose/build
- I have around 3 tactical squads to build/paint to almost finish the 2. Demi Company 
- 4 primed Land Speeders and a newly aquired Dark Talon/Nephilim, Land Speeder Vengeance and a Ravenwing Commandsquad

- Terminators....way too many Terminators. Space Hulk in the sprues, 25 preowned ones I got off ebay and a new 5 man squad from the Dark Vengeance expansion box
  I never planned on having this many Terminators, but I'm not gonna have them sit around. I just got a preowned air brush gut. Now I need a compressor and the utilities. But I'm looking forward to painting like 10 of them at a time.

- 2 Predators and a Land Raider (I've vowed my Land Raider before, but that was witht he old Dark Angels Green. I'd probably paint him as Deathwing now)

Well my idea is to finish a Demi Company, Command Squad, Company Vets, Chaplain and Knight Commander... This is my ultimate goal.

I have a Imperial Knight that I will try to do, along with my Azrael, Ezekiel, Lord Protector, Paladin, Some 1st and 2nd.

I dont want to vow too much but I should be OK this year my eye is fine smile.png.

Good luck with finishing the Demi Company. Do you have any plans, outside of ETL, to rock a full battle company? I suggest you do, just because it looks amazing on the table, especially with transports.

I have a couple vows planned. I won't get to all of them, but a man can dream.

1. Finish the Demi Company: All Grav canons so 2 Dev squads, Razorbacks and Droppods, Command Squad and another Company master. It's gonna be >1000 pts

And after that I'll have to choose/build

- I have around 3 tactical squads to build/paint to almost finish the 2. Demi Company

- 4 primed Land Speeders and a newly aquired Dark Talon/Nephilim, Land Speeder Vengeance and a Ravenwing Commandsquad

- Terminators....way too many Terminators. Space Hulk in the sprues, 25 preowned ones I got off ebay and a new 5 man squad from the Dark Vengeance expansion box

I never planned on having this many Terminators, but I'm not gonna have them sit around. I just got a preowned air brush gut. Now I need a compressor and the utilities. But I'm looking forward to painting like 10 of them at a time.

- 2 Predators and a Land Raider (I've vowed my Land Raider before, but that was witht he old Dark Angels Green. I'd probably paint him as Deathwing now)

Awesome, have you thought about doing the hammer of Caliban formation with Three Preds and a Land Raider. I have had a lot of success with it with my game group and they look amazing on the table. They are a point sink but we tend to play 10-20K games anyways. Also, I understand your Terminator issue. I now have 8 Complete Squads, Two Squads ready to be based and bits for another five squads. Looks like I'm going to try to do a "Full" DWRF vs DWSF. I might as well since I do love my deathwing. I would love to do a Deathwing Dreadnought, but I'd have to get a Dreadnought Drop Pod for a Counts as normal Drop Pod, I don't like how tiny they look compared to a dread.

I bought a Dark Angel force (75+ models and some vehicles) on ebay 3 years ago, to get a metal Sammael. (I was really, really disappointed from fine cast at the time)

The guy, who sold them, appeared quite sad to part with them. I promised to bring them all to inspection standard.

I still have

- a tactical squad

- veterans

- 4 bikes (perhaps one will be a Librarian)

That done, I also have to atone for other sins... I bought a box of devastators to get a head for my Ahriman model...

- 1 devastator squad; you can never have enough heavy weapons.

I'm mostly painting my left-over Space Hulk-mini's and some squad that weren't completely done.

- 11 Terminators with various heavy weapons

- Librarian in terminator armour

- Interrogator-Chaplain with terminator armour

- Command squad w/ apothecary

- 6 veterans, maybe 7

- Devastatorsquad with grav, plasma and RL.

- Company master

First vow for me will be Sableclaw and a Ravenwing Support Squadron.  Next will be some Black Knights and some Biker Librarians.  There will be a lot black paint used this summer!

My first vow will be 2 tactical squads and an interrogator chaplain with MoR. Second vow will be 2 terminator squads and hopefully a custom Azrael and librarian. Hoping for a third vow with an assault squad, but we'll see. Problem is I'm an idiot who started down the tall-scaling path, and all the cutting and GS is quite time consuming

I'll try and get the Master from Dark Vengeance. Possibly the bikes too... I will start small and see where the running of the ETL gets me. :)

Do you need the DV bikes? As you sorted me out with some Sang Guard wings last year Ill gladly send the bikes your way.

I have 3 pledges that I will be completing to round out the formations and units I've been using since the new codex.  
I really want to pledge my 2 fully maxed demi companies, but I don't think I'll have the time.  

Pledge 1:
  • Deathwing Command Squad
  • Ravenwing Command Squad
  • Librarian in TDA
  • Chaplain

Pledge 1 - Start

Pledge 2:
Ravenwing Support Squadron
  • Darkshroud
  • 3x Landspeeders

Pledge 2 - Start

Pledge 3:

Hammer of Caliban

• Landraider
  • 3x Predators
  • Techmarine
  • 2x Servitors

Pledge 3 - Start

I'll try and get the Master from Dark Vengeance. Possibly the bikes too... I will start small and see where the running of the ETL gets me. :)

Do you need the DV bikes? As you sorted me out with some Sang Guard wings last year Ill gladly send the bikes your way.

I have spare dark vengeance masters if you want semper

Thanks guys, I'm fully stocked minis, what I don't have is time! :lol:

I'll give it a go though!

I will be pledging a lot of plastic, if not points... Can't wait for ETB to start, since I basically put aside the models I want to play with but didn't yet paint just because I thought I'd save it for this occasion. The list, in order of what I want to have finished is:

3 Ravenwing Knights (Consecrators)

5 Deathwing Knights (Consecrators)

5 Tactical Squad (Consecrators)

1 Terminator armour Chaplain (Consecrator)

1 Chaplain with jump pack (Consecrator)

5 Scouts with sniper rifles (Consecrator)

1 Ravenwing attack bike

That's what I do want and need to make in the timeframe of ETB so I have stuff to play games with. On top of that I have the following:

5 Tactical squad, built, primed, DA upgrade sprues (therefore Consecrators take precedence)

Landspeeder, build in progress

Rhino, built, awaiting painting

Rhino, in box

Drop pod, in box

Deathwing Command Squad, in box

Consecrators should be fairly quick to get the base colours on, already found 3 suitable greys to create the colour gradient with airbrush. Will probably hit a snag when trying to figure out what colour should weapons/accessories be so it breaks the monotonous black.

I'm thinking Sammy on Sableclaw, 1-3 Razorbacks for my Battle Company, then filing out some of my tactical, assault and devastator squads to ten man squads, and maybe a few black knights. Probably won't get the time or money to do all of this, so i'll just select the important stuff closer to the time. 

Well I've decided (pretty much) I will vow this year - I've been an avid watcher for the past few years; and as it normally takes me years to paint anything it didnt seem like the right thing to join in on. 

However; this year I have more motivation - plus a new airbrush.  I have started building my 1st Demi Company, and so will first pledge whats built, hopefully adding more vows (but lets not get carried away just yet!!!) as and when i complete these.

With that in mind, I currently have (and will provide pics asap):

1 x Co. Master with Lions Roar, Relic Blade in Art. Armour

1 x 5 man Tact squad with Plasma and a las/Plas Razorback (will just have to add MB's too - lol)

1 x 5 Man Tact squad with Flamer and Las/Plas Razorback. (see above)

I intentionally will not vow any more until I do finish these.  The last thing I want is to bring shame to the Rock, and get points deducted!

Thanks guys, I'm fully stocked minis, what I don't have is time! laugh.png

I'll give it a go though!

It's a good thing then, that you can give him all the stuffs. Like a Monster Slayer, a Shroud of Heroes, an Artificer Armour, ans Eye of the Unsee, a Lion's Roar and so on msn-wink.gif

If I can find the time to actually paint something I may finally join one of these painting challenges. Currently thinking a tac squad, a terminator squad, and a couple HQs...seperate vows of course so that I don't bite off more than I can chew.

Archived