Deathwatch Fan-made 2nd Ed.: To Recover the Past, Sign Ups

YEAH SLIPSTREAMS!

(it's Brother Loghir here msn-wink.gif)

Now you can finally make your apothecary

Regarding hatred, fluffwise The Wraiths work mainly under Inquisitors of Ordo Xenos in The Ghoul Star and will utilize whatever weapon is possible to exterminate xenos that are a threat. So they have fought alongside Eldar and also use weapons taken from dead Eldar. I'll put "Necrons" as Hatred since there is no way to ever fight alongside them.

I Actually made Devastator 'Sniper' from the Iron Snakes tongue.png

Apollus Kytys

Devastator Marine

Iron Snakes Chapter (Ultramarines)

WS: 41

BS: 64 (49 + 5 Ultramarines + 10 Advancements)

S: 45

T: 44 (39 + 5 Ultramarines)

AG: 38

INT: 50 (+5 Extra Bonus)

PER: 40

WP: 40

FEL: 41

Got some pretty good 2d10 rolls with my physical dice on this; of note: Re-rolled Toughness, Swapped INT with BS.

Wounds: 20

Fate: 3

Aptitudes:

• Weapon Skill
  • Ballistic Skill
  • Toughness
  • Willpower
  • Perception
  • Offense
  • Finesse
  • Fellowship
  • Intelligence

Chapter Trappings:

Heraldry Scroll: +10 To Kill Markers to any Assault Mission in which the Heraldry was displayed at least once.

Mk V 'Heresy' Armour: 8 (Head/Arms) 9 (Chest/Legs)

• +10 Fellowship Bonus with Space Marine, -10 Fellowship Bonus with Inquisition
  • Histories: Iron Greaves: +1 AP to Legs, +10 vs Pinning, -10 Agility
  • Histories: Death is Joy: +2 Critical Damage, Increase Damage to Hordes Magnitude by 1.

XP Expenditure:

• Ballistic Skill (Simple, Intermediate) 350xp
  • Marksman (300xp)
  • Storm of Iron (300xp)
  • Sharpshooter (300xp)
  • Deadeye Shot (200xp)

50xp Banked.

+++

So yes, BS 64, Ignores BS Penalties to Long and Extreme Ranged Shooting and 0 Penalty for Called Shots. Since Full Auto is +20BS in Deathwatch, he's got BS 84 and can fire called shots up to 450m with his Heavy Bolter at no BS Penalty.

I hope he gets a Lascannon at some point so that he can shoot at peeps up to 900m away laugh.png

He's totally gunning for Sternguard Duty.

haha sniper indeed!

Get a lascannon and you'll be able to make carvings at 900,with it biggrin.png

I tried to balance offence, defence, melee and ranged. Lets see if I'm the jack of all trades, or just "can't do jack"

We get a reroll and a stat swap? I had pretty terribad rolls, I'd love a reroll and a swap. I'm at 36 Int and 37 Per. I can't see anything, but it's fine I'd be too dumb to know what it was even if I did biggrin.png

Typically we've had 1 Re-roll and the possibility to swap two stats with one another so thats what I went with.

Also, I'll wait for our GM to confirm that my sheet is all fine and dandy before proceeding.

One re-roll is fine, and a stat swap is also fine here.

Your character, Slipstreams, looks fine with a cursory glance; otherwise, everything after further review... looks great!

Your skills will likely prove a welcome addition to the squad!

Slipstreams, please review the OOC and IC threads at your leisure; I think that will best aid you overall, looking forward.

I am readying now the next post, and shall await both your post when able; as well, as noted in the OOC thread, there's the issue of a holiday weekend here in the States. I will endeavor to get out the next post and her reactions to you each in time, in one, likely massive, post.

Thanks for the sign ups and playing all, editing the OP of this Sign-Up thread now!

Edit: after reviewing this thread, and noting that no one has thus far applied a +5 of their choice, while each of you has applied properly the two +5 Chapter stat bonuses, I am thinking that each of you may hereby take the free, by your choice +5 stat bonus, with one, two part stipulation: said +5 must go into a stat that both does not receive another +5, and it must not go into your highest stat.

This is not set in stone, however, I think the idea that bringing up one stat limited to one of the "lesser" stats makes sense, while focusing too much on a great stat may end up really causing the character to overly specialize into said stat.

Rebuttals, thoughts, please? As always, please keep it civil, and according to board rules.

oh! I Totally missed the extra +5. Completely agree on it not going to our highest stat. Because I would 100% put it into Ballistic Skill to push Apollus to BS 69 (heh) before combat/gear modifiers.

Or other shenanigans.

I've updated my Character Sheet with a +5 to Intelligence.

Rerolled Int for 42, and put +5 into BS. I then switched Int an Toughness ...only 1 difference :D (I'll update my character sheet)

I SO want to get my Strength up to 60! ...but it was my highest stat :D sitting at a damned 54, how do I get it up by 1?!

Irad Farsight

WS                          BS  S   T    Ag                         Per   Int  Wil  Fel

41 (51 in armour)    45  40  52  41 (46 in armour)   39    47  43   43

Fate Points 3 + last survivor

Wounds 23

Skills

Awareness

Ciphers (chapter runes)

Climb

Common Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Deathwatch, Imperium, Tech, War)

Dodge

Drive (ground vehicle)

Forbidden Lore (Xenos)

Intimidate

Literacy

Logic

Navigate (Surface)

Psyniscience

Scholastic Lore (Codex Astartes)

Security

Silent move

Speak (low gothic, high gothic)

Tracking

Tech-use +10

Basic Skills

Barter

Carouse

Command

Contortionist

Deceive

Disguise

Evaluate

Gamble

Inquiry

Scruitiny

Search

Swim

Talents

Ambidextrous

Astartes Weapon Training

Bulging Biceps

Heightened Senses (Sights, Hearing)

Killing Strike

Nerves of Steel

Psy rating 3

Quick Draw

Resistance (psychic powers)

True Grit

Unarmed Master

Traits

Space Marine Implants

Unnatural Strength X2

Unnatural Toughness X2

Psychic Powers

Augery

Reading

Avenger

Divination

Psychometry

Aptitudes

Weapon Skill

Ballistic Skill

Psyker

Knowledge

Willpower

Tech

Toughness

Intelligence

Strength

Demenors

Iron and Hate

Calculating

Gear

Mk IV power armour  (A fury like lightning, Last Survivor, Gauntlets of Xiron)  Armour 7/9

Bolt Pistol

3 Frag Grenades

3 Krak Grenades

Combat Knife

repair cement

exceptional craftsmanship bionic hand

bolter with fire sector

Force Staff

hey if there is still a spot open i would love to fill the spot of an apothecary. ive learnt the basics for DW because ive got the books but ive never played or really looked at OW so im not sure how these aptitudes work. at work at the moment so ill have to wait till i get home to roll myself up a proper character.

hey if there is still a spot open i would love to fill the spot of an apothecary. ive learnt the basics for DW because ive got the books but ive never played or really looked at OW so im not sure how these aptitudes work. at work at the moment so ill have to wait till i get home to roll myself up a proper character.

Hi! We'd love another brother to our kill team Elite.gif

If I might make a suggestion. I play an apothecary in another game. What makes you different is the extra "+1d5 healing" on first aid rolls and the Medicae skill. However, in this system it's much easier to take skills "outside" of your standard skillset.

What we'd really love is a Techmarine that has the medicae skill and high Int (you'd want that for a techmarine anyway). Getting a Narthecium is only 10 req, and it gives you +20 to medicae and double the healing when you use medicae. The Techmarine has a lot of options only available to him, while he can do the job of an apothecary quite well with 1 skill and 10 req. This whole campaign is about retrieving lost tech tongue.png

It's just my suggestion, I'm not going to force you to play any role you aren't going to enjoy. We'd love to have you regardless.

If I might make a suggestion. I play an apothecary in another game. What makes you different is the extra "+1d5 healing" on first aid rolls and the Medicae skill. However, in this system it's much easier to take skills "outside" of your standard skillset.

What we'd really love is a Techmarine that has the medicae skill and high Int (you'd want that for a techmarine anyway). Getting a Narthecium is only 10 req, and it gives you +20 to medicae and double the healing when you use medicae. The Techmarine has a lot of options only available to him, while he can do the job of an apothecary quite well with 1 skill and 10 req. This whole campaign is about retrieving lost tech tongue.png

It's just my suggestion, I'm not going to force you to play any role you aren't going to enjoy. We'd love to have you regardless.

Irad has all the tech aptitudes and as a iron hands successor counts as having mechanicus implants for anything that is a pre-req for. He isn't and will never be as good with tech as a tech marine, but he can cover a lot of tech stuff.

Irad has all the tech aptitudes and as a iron hands successor counts as having mechanicus implants for anything that is a pre-req for.  He isn't and will never be as good with tech as a tech marine, but he can cover a lot of tech stuff.

You've got all the skills, but perhaps we might need some of the equipment as well that requires a servo harness. Plus it would be great to get 2 rolls on all the tech-use and knowledge skills, I think it might help us more than +1d5 on first aid

i would be fine with that idea. from a fluff perspective would anyone have any issues with me running him as an apothecary/techmarine mash up for my own custom chapter. something along the lines of how the space wolves have an apothecary/chaplain or how iron hands have iron fathers for techmarine/chaplain roles?

Irad has all the tech aptitudes and as a iron hands successor counts as having mechanicus implants for anything that is a pre-req for. He isn't and will never be as good with tech as a tech marine, but he can cover a lot of tech stuff.

i would be fine with that idea. from a fluff perspective would anyone have any issues with me running him as an apothecary/techmarine mash up for my own custom chapter. something along the lines of how the space wolves have an apothecary/chaplain or how iron hands have iron fathers for techmarine/chaplain roles?

An Apothecary would be a great addition to the force.

All character info should be in the OP of one of my threads; I will link dive and put it in here for you, Lord Heremes.

Edit:

Link to Character Info for this version:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/322122-gm-lfg-dw-into-dh-2nd-edow-adaptation/?p=4385928

We're in Deathwatch, we can do whatever the hell we want with whatever the hell gear we want. For our first mission we're pimped out with melta guns, inferno pistols a multi-melta and lots of Stalker Bolters cool.png

Are you about done with your character? We seem to be heading out right about now, hurry up if you want to join this mission.

sorry it took me a while life has been hectic. here is the baseline character drawn up ill fill it in as i go. So please welcome Jorek Talgor the Sand Wyverns deathwatch Techmarine

WS 44 (+5 Chapter bonus counted)
BS 42
S 42 (+5 200exp)
T 43
Ag 38
Int 59 ((used reroll) extra +5 counted, +5 200exp advance )
Per 43
Wp 36
Fel 48 (+5 chapter bonus counted)

22 wounds

5 fate points.

Mvt: half 3 full 6 charge 9 run 18

Equipment:mk6 corvus armour (last surviver) bolter with fire selector, servo arm, MUI

skills:
trained advanced speak tech lingua
trained advanced tech use
mechadendrite use (servo arm)

Medicae (trained 700 exp??)

Security trained (400 exp)

Special abilities
improve cover (full action: increase cover by int bonus)
blessed by the machine god

edited with fully spent exp.

Cool name Sand Wyverns! You'll need to tell us what chapter you use it as (it's easiest to just "re-skin" an existing chapter due to the aptitudes) although it seems it's Imperial Fists.

Remember you also get a free bonus "+5" in addition to your chapter bonuses AND you can swap 2 abilities.

i sent my homebrew chapter to the GM so he could look it over and he likes it. it was surprisingly thematic despite my random rolling on the charts. so here it is if you want to look it over to get ideas.

Homebrew chapter: Sand Wyverns

Trial: exposure trial

Reason for creation: standing force (rolled 7)

Unknown founding (rolled 100)

Imperial fist gene stock.

A new generation: codex demeanor Brothers in battle.

+5WS +5 fellowship.

Master of sanctity slew a deamon prince

Stewards of Desert Hive world homeworld.

Unique orginisation.

Drop pod specialization.

Solo mode ability: gain psyniscience as trained skill, may reroll failed willpower saves against psychic powers.

Squad attack pattern: siege breaker.

Squad defensive pattern : courage under fire

Restricted from Assult marines.

Special equipment: totemic charm

Chapter beleifs: totem creature

Current status :Nominal strength.

Chapter friends: titanicus (knight world)

Chapter enemy: deamon prince.

Custom chapter advance: deamonbane

Archived