Void shield harness and overwatch

v6v77

Hello all

Quick question that came up last night. I had a lovely squad of deathshroud under a void shield harness (VSH for brevity) running around murdering grey knights. When i assaulted one of his units however he said i couldnt claim the VSH during overwatch, even though my models would still be under it.

In the end we rolled for it and said it didnt count but i would like to know your thoughts.

Why would it not count? 

As long as the models closest to the shooting unit (the ones that would be removed first from shooting) are under the template, its a shooting attack. 

I've used that precise set up on my WE praetor and his despoiler command squad to give a proud middle finger to many gunlines. 

Thanks guys. Basically he tried to argue it only affected the shooting phase and that due to overwatch happeneing regardless of unit placement (aka flamers are always in range, as are rapid fire) i couldnt claim unit placement under the shield from the shots.

I will not be taking his :cuss about it anymore. Ta all.

Seems like really sketchy reasoning. If he doesn't want you to use the void harness, he can just say he doesn't want to use relics since they are campaign/opponent's permission only with the FAQ.

Before we played i explained it too him and he said thats fine as im taking some relics in my army. Wasnt until the chips were down that this all came about. Anyway. All done and thanks to those who responded.

• 2 weeks later...

Why would it not count? 

As long as the models closest to the shooting unit (the ones that would be removed first from shooting) are under the template, its a shooting attack. 

I've used that precise set up on my WE praetor and his despoiler command squad to give a proud middle finger to many gunlines.

So naughty !

Archived