Night lords 2k list

TrashyObergine

Hello Bolter&Chainsword,

I am a newcomer to the space marine legions and I like the look of the Night lords.

With this in mind, I have created a test list which seems good to me. Any feedback and changes would be much appreciated.

+++ Night Lords (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (320pts) +

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Trophies of Judgement]

····Consul [Moritat]

Sevatar (175pts)

····Master of the Legion [Terror Assault]

+ Troops (735pts) +

Terror Squad (245pts) [9x Executioner, Headsman, 9x Volkite Charger]

+ Elites (400pts) +

Legion Destroyer Squad (400pts) [Jump Packs, Legion Destroyer Sergeant, 9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, Melta Bombs, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only]

+ Fast Attack (350pts) +

Night Raptor Squad (350pts) [9x Night Raptor, 9x Nostraman Chainglaive]

····Huntmaster [Artificer Armour]

+ Heavy Support (195pts) +

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (195pts) [Armoured Ceramite, Lascannons]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, VIII: Night Lords]

Created with BattleScribe

Thanks

OK I'll start with what I think is good:

Terror Squads with Volkites - you learn fast young one.

Night Raptors are significantly better since the buff to A Talent For Murder so a squad of 10 can be very usefule

Night Lords are one of the few Legions who can get Destroyers to work.

And the downsides:

Your entire list is very, very light on anti-armour capability. One Sicaran isn't going to be dropping tanks/dreads/fliers on it's own.

Terror Squads - You must give the headsmen artificer armour and melta bombs, it's all but mandatory, especially without other hard hitting units.

Night Raptors - Don't bother giving them all chainglaives. By all means model it because it's awesome but only give the huntmaster one, you'll get far more damage output with the extra attack for 2 combat weapons, especially with ATfM

Destroyers - 400 points is a massive chunk for a unit that is going to do pretty much the same thing as the Terror Squads and Raptors - Slaughter infantry. It's points that could go elsewhere if I'm being honest

Heavy support - take a choice that has squadrons in it. Vindicators/Land Raiders/Leviathans anything that allows you to circumvent the 1 HS slot restriction.

Sevatar - I'll start by saying I love Sev, and use him frequently. But in this list he's worthless. Terror Assault does nothing for his strengths. He has no squad around him (he can't infiltrate with the Terror Squads) he has no transport and the one good thing he brings - Deep Striking Terminators - are missing. If you want to use him by all means go for it but in this list you'd be much better served taking a Praetor, giving him a Paragon Blade and Jump Pack and running him with the Raptors. As it stands Sev is going to be sitting on his own waiting to die, and believe me, die he will.

Hope that helps :)

So after some thought and consideration of what you suggested. I have tweaked my list a bit.

What do you think of the stock leviathans/ what do you think I should swap for points to give them gear.

+++ Night Lords (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (355pts) +

Legion Centurion (145pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Trophies of Judgement]

····Consul [Moritat]

Legion Praetor (210pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Mastercraft a Single Weapon, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Trophies of Judgement]

+ Troops (795pts) +

Terror Squad (265pts) [9x Executioner, 10x Volkite Charger]

····Headsman [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs]

+ Fast Attack (270pts) +

Night Raptor Squad (270pts) [9x Night Raptor]

····Huntmaster [Artificer Armour, Nostraman Chainglaive]

+ Heavy Support (580pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (580pts)

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite]

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite]

+ Legion +

Created with BattleScribe

Thanks

Drop the Moritat to give both Levi's pods, or at least 1 a pod then give them a melta or grav, preferably one each to bulk out their versatility.

Looking at that, I'd probably drop the Praetor down to a Delegatus and give him a chainglaive (free mastercraft) and roll that way. He isn't as killy as a Praetor but if you're looking to save the points to give the Leviathans goodies it's a worthwhile sacrifice imo

So after much sadness that I can't take the leviathans in drop pods I have decided to kit out my Praetor but that still gives me 75 points to work with.

+++ Night Lords (1915pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1915pts) ++

+ HQ (220pts) +

Legion Praetor (220pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Paragon Blade, Trophies of Judgement]

+ Troops (795pts) +

+ Fast Attack (270pts) +

Night Raptor Squad (270pts) [9x Night Raptor]

····Huntmaster [Artificer Armour, Nostraman Chainglaive]

+ Heavy Support (630pts) +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (630pts)

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Siege Drill, Leviathan Storm Cannon, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Leviathan Siege Drill, Leviathan Storm Cannon, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

+ Legion +

Archived