Thoughts on SoM color scheme?

Bmseifer

So I was thinking for this ETL my IH models will be painted for the Sons of Medusa. I'm not a real fan of the bright emerald green scheme though and was thinking about alternatives. I really like the muted sea green of the Sons of Horus and want to hear your thoughts on using that color for the Sons of Medusa. With white helmets and black trims ofc. 

Here's an exanple of my SoH that show the green I was talking about

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn18/mperssonbmmseifer/IMG_1205_zpsiqxxfjja.jpg

According to imperial armour V10

Mageara war clan utilising the purest form of the emerald and white heraldry

Atropos war clan incorporates more black

Lachesis war clan incorporates more silver steel

And the illustrations show quite a camo green more than a lime green

For me that sea green is a little lacking in the green but I must say I'm not a fan of the lime green.

That said the variation of the "same" colour painted on houses two hundred years old in London is massive let alone thousands of years .

It's your army and the first people to complain will be those with unpainted armies but obviously the closer to canon the less you will have to explain to others.

Yeah, after taking some time to reflect on it I don't really find that green fitting either. And my gf wanted me to paint something that's not black or green (IH and SoH) so I think I might be going for the posterboys this ETL instead

I've struggled quite a bit to get the green I want for my Sons as well.  I definitely don't like the lime/neon green that seems to be the prevailing choice, but at the same time we don't want them to be DA or Salamanders either.  It's tough to find that balance.  In the end, I found that a simple coat of Citadel Warpstone Glow w/ a wash of Biel-Tan Green gave me a nice evergreen color that accented well with the white helmets/chest icons.

That said, were I less lazy I could probably get a slightly more robust shade but I prefer natural, muted colors to bold loud colors.  Suppose it's a matter of taste, though.

You could go for an all green version of the Forgeworld Iron Hands scheme. it would end up a dark metallic green, could end up looking pretty cool

That's a pretty cool idea! I would almost try it out if I wasn't halfway through my first vow . . . msn-wink.gif

Well the scheme with metallic green sound interesting but I think I will go with some Ultramarines for this ETL. I kind of miss painting something in color to enable me to paint gradients and highlights in a way thats hard to do with black. And probably the most important reason: my gf wants me to paint them :)

Well the scheme with metallic green sound interesting but I think I will go with some Ultramarines for this ETL. I kind of miss painting something in color to enable me to paint gradients and highlights in a way thats hard to do with black. And probably the most important reason: my gf wants me to paint them smile.png

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/lucky-memes/z1ajrx.jpg

Archived