Gnenthaal's Space Wolves - Thornik Frostwrath CoF

• 9 months later...

Hi mates !

It's been a long times since I have posted here. Been busy IRL these past months (well 9 months already, nope, no other baby yet :wink: ).

Well at least no "real" newborn, but what I'm currently working on is quite a piece.

Reaver Titan. Yeah. Well almost 2 months only to build it. Magnetising all sorts of things :

- weapons (twice, first batch of magnetes weren't strong enough)

- weapons cables (yeah, I know)

- weapon arm, so that I can in the future switch to a powerglove

- shoulder plates

- head

- torso-pelvis junction

I was reserving it for the ETL, but I was so impatient I started to paint before I knew there was no ETL this year. It's all fine then ! :-)

So here are the photos :

sml_gallery_70010_12076_673551.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_222163.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_791966.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_93593.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_462480.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_361136.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_492669.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_38759.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_185230.jpg
sml_gallery_70010_12076_606734.jpg

So this is a legio of my own. Legio Ursus Magnus. I wanted something that could go along with my Space wolves although quite different in the coulor scheme. This reaver one is Urus Koadiac. One of the largest bears. I base the color scheme on a "sea" blue and a dirty white : the sea and the snow of the Kodiak environment.

The shoulder plate with the "star freehand" is here to represent the connexion with Polaris and Ursa Minoris, in which I'll try to set the legio base.

As you can see I'm still working on the freehand text on the marble parchment. Not quite happy with the "Kodiak" part, which is not properly centered. But I'm discouraged to repaint it as for now.

Tonight I'll try to paint the other hal of the text.

Any critics or comment are most than welcome.

G. glad to be back on board…

Hi, thanks ! But it's far from finidhed. Still have parts to get done and the overall weathering to do.

​A little evening progress. Text is almost finished. Have to darken the left part to get it the same tone as the right part.

torsomarbletext

Edited by gnenthaal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Thanks for the comments and sorry for the recent silence. Been busy with the real life, the V8 and the return of th DG.

So, I had time, though, to work a bit further on the reaver. Not quite "wahoo effect" work. I've finished the oils on the steel parts : weapons, torso etc.

Gives a better reading of theses pieces.

But I've done a bit of wahoo effect work nonthelees : weapons mouths (need a final white dot), heads lenses and wires.

Tell me if that's fine.

WEAPON MOUTHS

reaver head 1

REAVER HEAD 2

Now the fun part almost begins (need to finish the golds first) : details, freehands, weathering

I'll be on hollydays from saturday. No updates for at least 10 days. (I know, I don't post that often, but do not expect quick answers as well).