Inquisitor model

I need ideas for an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor with a Hell Rifle. I'm thinking the easiest conversion would be to use a Sniper Scout model with an alternate head and beefing up the sniper rifle. Any other ideas?

Could be anything, like a slung over rifle on his back or holding one out. I'm assuming you'll have him in carapace armour if you're using a Scout? I'd say they're quite distinctive though and the Inquisition is the perfect excuse to convert... :D

As WarriorFish has said, it's a great excuse to do a bit of conversion work! With that in mind, a good source for the rifle would be the Skitarii Vanguard/Rangers box. They have some nice, antique-looking rifles that would be perfect as stand-ins for the hellrifle.

For the rest of the model... well, do we have any more details about your Inquisitor? Or Inquisitrix? A sniper Scout could work but it would be a bit of a shame to stay with something so... simple but also instantly recognisable as being a Space Marine Scout in different colours.

WarriorFish's comment about having the rifle slung over shoulder made me think of the WFB witch hunter model if it is not one of the kits discontinued. Instead of the great sword across his back you can have a skitarii rifle of some sort which I agree with Dos would be most befitting an inquisitor and would go well with that model.

• 3 weeks later...

A neat trick in general is to grab the sheathed hot-shot lasguns from the Scions kits or the sheathed shotguns from a Scout Bike kit. The hot-shot can stand in for pretty much any long gun (it's wrapped up, after all) while the grip of the sheathed shotgun can be removed and replaced with the stock of your favorite weapon. Throw it on the model's back, or have it resting on a log or something on the base...and you're golden.

Scion kit: the first pic of sprues, bottom-half of the sprue in the middle you can see what I mean

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Militarum-Tempestus-Scions

Seperately, that Fantasy Gunmaster would look awesome converted as your IQ or as a Master of Ordnance for IG. 

Archived