Merchant Princeling... Allies?

Charlo

Warlord Trait 2 - chosen by a Force Commander in a Cults/ Militia army dies the following:

One squad of the owning player's choice with the Infantry type counts all of their ranged weapons as having an AP of I better than normal for their type (AP 6 becoming AP 5, etc).

Now... This doesn't specify anything in particular...

So could you chose an allied squad?

I weep at AP3 Volkite Culverins.

AP3 Grave Warden Toxin rounds.

AP2 Siege Tyrants/ Missile Havocs O.O

AP1 Darkfire cannons.

While potentially very powerful, it does mean that Militia will be your Primary Detachment with the FC as the Warlord so it limits it a bit.

Still, potentially hilarious combos.

Volkites are ap5, however, so would only ever be Ap4.

It does mean you can get Ap3 Autocannon Squad or, for Blood Angels, Ap3 Assault Cannons.

...or Ap2 Krak Missile Squads.

Ah - could've sworn the Culverins were at least ap4, my bad!

The Mechanicum seem like they could have some REAL fun with this...

AP2 Plasma Fusils

AP3 Grav Guns

AP3 Scyllax Bolters

Plus I'm going to be using militia as my Primary I think for Squats, only time I won't be is if I do dark compliance to bring DG terminators.

Iron Warriros also quite funny - AP3 Iron Circle guns and all the AP2/3 heavy weapon goodness of Havocs/ Tyrants.

Iron Circle are actually monstrous creatures, but otherwise those combos would fly.

I've tried the AP2 plasma fusils on Secutors before. Much like plasmagun support squads, they tend to get off one good round of shooting, then are focus fired into the ground.

Yes, the warlord trait can be applied to a unit from an allied detachment, but only when they're 'Sworn Brothers'.

Those would be UM, SoH, WB, Salamanders and AL.

Or mechanicum with the right provenance.

Yes, the warlord trait can be applied to a unit from an allied detachment, but only when they're 'Sworn Brothers'.

Those would be UM, SoH, WB, Salamanders and AL.

I thought that might be the case.... Fulmentarus Terms it is then perhaps...? biggrin.png

I'll be using Abhuman/ Dark Age so no way I can get the Mechanicum buff :'(

Can't afford to give up the power armour / advanced weapons for my fluff and image...

Archived