Hypothesising a BA Start Collecting! Set

Jolemai

Relentless on the tacticals would be pretty cool actually

Specially when it costs 100+ points because there has to be a TDA Captain, right? Forgive my cynicism. It's a good rule for Tacticals to have just not a great way for them to get it.

Assuming that, like all other SC boxes, the special rules offered only work on units from the Formation and, as with other examples of TDA leaders from the SM and CSM boxes, those rules are proximity related:

9 tacticals in a Drop Pod and hope your Baal catches up? Just shy of 500 points depending on how hard you go on wargear.

Assuming that, like all other SC boxes, the special rules offered only work on units from the Formation and, as with other examples of TDA leaders from the SM and CSM boxes, those rules are proximity related:

9 tacticals in a Drop Pod and hope your Baal catches up? Just shy of 500 points depending on how hard you go on wargear.

Or Rhino. Could combat squad and opt for the BBQ load out...

Right, so it's rolling it 375 without upgrades and it's more likely to be circa 500 when we're finished tooling it up. Odds the rule being good enough to warrant spamming the Formation?

Assuming you run with 10 men - 305 for 5 tacticals, naked baal, captain in TDA.

I really, really hope the rule applies to the baal.

The Necron Formation does nothing for the Triarch Stalker involved. As much as it would be cool for the Baal to get some lovin' I think we'll all just be settling on a good deal for some models.

Well - the box is great.

The most brilliant thing in this - rhino-chassis.

So with some skills - you have a rhino, a razorback with TL-assault canon, a predator with H/B sponson and autocanon or just Baal predator.

Not to mention all the tasty BA bits coming with Baal.

And it's the first start-collecting box that have this rhino-chassis kit.

But on side of rules I think it would be some of this (bad scenario) +1 Ini on charge, fleet, stubborn (Normal case) +1 ws, reroll to-hit, reroll to wound (Rousing from coffins scenario) +1 Attack, relentless, rending, prefered enemy.

Bad thing is that Baal is just there to be awesome model and zero synergy from formation

The Necron Formation does nothing for the Triarch Stalker involved. As much as it would be cool for the Baal to get some lovin' I think we'll all just be settling on a good deal for some models.

I too, don't think there will be some Baal "Rule", i think that those one may come with the next Codex and should rise the value of the Baal Predator.

For exemple, i easily imagine that the Baal Squadron Rule may be Shred.

(Also, it wouldn't be impossible that, given the recent BA 30K fluff, the 40k Blood Angels may achieve to obtain "Heavy Assault Canon Pattern" for their Baal Predator, giving a little more Range or Shootings, and "Heavy Flamestorm Canon" with the Torrent Special Rule. All of this would make sense, be balanced, and bring a little more uniqueness to the Baal Predator pattern that is Unique to the BA Legion/Chapters.)

Well... I have deathstorm, spacehulk, a smattering of old stuff my brother didn't want anymore...

Might get this to fill it out into a nice looking army... the extra Karlain might end up converted into a black templar tho... lol.

But I'll have to build another terminator captain to use the deathstorm and getting started formations simultaneously, or just use a terminator from space hulk... for fluff reasons... and because I can do what I want! Don't judge me!

OK, Worst rule that GW might Actually give a formation like this...

How about 'Suppressing Fire' - Any unit that takes a hit from the Baal Predator cannot fire Overwatch at the Tactical Squad.

Alternatively in Deathstorm Karl's formtion bonuses included passing out Fearless and Counter attack so maybe that again?

Personally I'd prefer 'While the Captain is alive all template weapons in the formation are Torrent'.... Works for both a Heavy flamer tactical squad and a flame Baal.

"Reconnaissance Mission: All tactical marines in this formation have WS/BS 3, but have a permanent 6+ cover save."

In actuality, I think it'd be cool to see something like the captain nominates a unit and anything in the formation fires at the nominated unit with +1 BS and if they charge them, gain +1 WS. I think it's not game changing, obviously, but it would fit the description and fit in nicely to BA play style. Maybe also add something like rerolling charge dice or something.

Archived