Pask Punisher worth it ?

Ferox

Good for facing off against Monstrous Creatures or whatever else ails you.

I wouldn't go for the MM sponsons, though...12" range and 48" range are at odds with one another, and if you're willing to deliberately place Pask within 12" of the enemy, you're better off with a punisher.  The whole point of the vanquisher is to autopenetrate (well, virtually) from far outside retaliation range....in fact, when my pasquisher is too far away to supplement the vanquisher cannon with the lascannon, I'm pretty happy about it, it means my warlord points are not at risk!

It's a fair point. My standard Tank Commander is Vanquisher, Lascannon and Camo Netting. They're modelled with the Co-Ax Heavy Stubber, which I would love to see become an option in the Codex some day.

I wouldn't go for the MM sponsons, though...12" range and 48" range are at odds with one another, and if you're willing to deliberately place Pask within 12" of the enemy, you're better off with a punisher.  The whole point of the vanquisher is to autopenetrate (well, virtually) from far outside retaliation range....in fact, when my pasquisher is too far away to supplement the vanquisher cannon with the lascannon, I'm pretty happy about it, it means my warlord points are not at risk!

It's a fair point. My standard Tank Commander is Vanquisher, Lascannon and Camo Netting. They're modelled with the Co-Ax Heavy Stubber, which I would love to see become an option in the Codex some day.

Mm still work at 24, still strength 8, still ap 1, best sponson match for vanquisher in my opinion, either mm or nothing.

Depends on what you're shooting at...my vote is "nothing" over the mm. 24" is too close...48" is marginally acceptable.  Of course, it depends on the rest of your list...I'm bum-rushing my opponent with demolishers, eradicators, and hellhounds, so he's way too busy dealing with those threats to pay much attention to the sniper tanks in the rear...if I'm getting within 24", though, screw the vanquisher, I'll take a demolisher, thanks!  And in that case, no mm sponsons, either...because of snap shots.  

That would be a nice option...and I like the setup, except since I tend to put my pasquisher squadron on top of a skyshield, no use for the camo netting...but, yeah, for any vanquisher, it's a lascannon hull mount, and no sponsons.  

• 2 weeks later...

Coffee, can you post a pic of your coax stubber tank?  That sounds cool.  I'm trying to scratch build something similar for my Pask tank.

I have the normal stubber that comes with a tank kit, I also bought a stubber from a knight kit.  I like the look of the knight stubber the best.

Archived