storm shield terminators no longer available?

noigrim

noigrim: have you seen a new Legion Astartes: Imperial Fists entry that says that they cannot?  I've not read all the latest rulebooks hence my asking of the question.

It is my limited understanding that the generic Legion Astartes rules (the most up to date) are the baseline regardless.  Then, the latest Legion Astartes: "Legion Specific" rules are used as an addition to them.  Last I read under the IF chapter stuff is that they have unique wargear which allows models to equip shields providing they meet the criteria.

*Edit, missing letter, and comment since I was not meaning to be rude on my initial question ^^

Can you send me a pic per pm pls o.O?

Edit:

Also,  they took away the scythes/phoenix spears from our command squads too with one of their FAQ's so its possible .... >.>

Just had a look in my copy, the exact quote is:

'Any Legion Terminator or Terminator armour-equipped independent character with the Legiones Astartes (Imperial Fists) special rule may exchange their combi-bolter for a Virgil Pattern Storm Shield for...'

Perhaps there is a typo in your book, but mine refers to two distinct options.

- Any Legion Terminator (referring to your Elites choice terminators),

- Or an Independent Character with Terminator Armour.

So no, your units are not illegal, they can still take Storm Shields. At worst, perhaps your book has a slight misprint but there is no need to worry about losing the shields.

Check the pinnwd book thread. In short, no.

Besides, theyre talking legion specific wargear here which wouldnt be in the generic legion list.

Archived