New book concern

noigrim

Just asking for information to anyone that has the new red book, does it supersede in points/rules the units of the old one or just adds the new units/changes published in the FaQ/black books?

Do you mean - are there any cost changes to units that would make them more expensive or cheaper to field were you to be using the new red book?

Personally I have no idea, but it would be great to see a side by side list of any differences.

So excited for this! Thinking of going full digital now. The books cost AU$45 through iTunes, which is pretty good when you can get the iTunes cards 20-25% off.

I mean why would they  complain ?   They sell digital  versions of their codex through black library and i tunes.
Its just great that Forgeworld is moving in this direction again for those of us who are less inclined to collect the large books. 
Or those of us who play a lot and dont wanna drag the larger books around with us. 

Its always interesting to see the sort of folks who have a genuine distaste for the idea of a digital codex. Its like they want to cling to some old idea that you have to have  a collection of large textbooks and a chip on your shoulder to play a god damn wargame.  Times  change the ability to have a digital version of the book that can be searched through as opposed to flipped through is a god thing.  Only needing to carry one tablet or (GASP )  your smartphone that you carry every day vs a bag full of books can be more convenient.  This isint even to say there is anything wrong with being the guy with the books in hand with the little tabs marking the important stuff like we did back in college with textbooks thats cool  too but dont look  down yer nose at someone who wants to do it a different way. 

The hobby is about as niche as a hooker that only watches movies with you  on the couch and bakes you apple pie on tuesdays.  Creating divides to exclude people base don their choice of book  vs tablet  is dumb

The only thing you should hate people in the hobby for is cheating  or playing xenos 

I printed out the changes in the unique Legions book and put them in my old book, and will probably do the same for this one. This is just the copy I browse when home. For gaming, I have the digital versions so I can carry all my books on an iPad mini, which is good when the rulebooks can weigh more than the army.

Real Talk  I  am looking at a Shattered legion list that would have required me to walk with my rule book the red book book  3 and book 6    

IM NOT ABOUT THAT LIFE RIGHT NOW >.> I just wanna grab my tablet my minis  and my game bag  ( tapemeasure dice and  templates ) and go  son. 

It's good they are doing some digital, I think the big books are great, but hella cumbersome, is there a rule though that you are allowed to photocopy pages 'for your own use' ?

I'd love if they did a living rule book in general, perhaps with a 30k expansion which changes it back to normality

Archived