Blob guard and summoning discussion

Urzu4

Good morning everyone hope all are well,

I had a quick discussion to see thoughts on a list i have been running recently to some sort of success. THe base is two platoon squads with 30man conscripts and 20 man autocannons. With the 100 bodies this provides up front I Allie in two librarian conclaves and litter them in the blobs. My first conclave gets Tiberius with a lvl 2 and two lvl 1s. Tiberius Goes in a squad and the other three generally go in a front squad (overall I try to keep them all close enough to be within 12 but Tiberius casts on his own so there is no need for him) my second librarian conclave is Crimson fist with the Tiberius lite (relic that lets you reroll casts) and the same 3 librarious mention above in he other conclave. Same placement wih this conclave as well. With the casters spread about 4 squads and 15 dice min a turn you can cast pretty reliably 4 summons a turn. This setup runs about 1300 points with a ccs in a chrimera. In a 2k list I've been using the rest to fill out artilery and chrimera for the pcs but I wanted to see what y'all thought. Thanks for you time!

Maybe try the psykana division? They harness on a 2+ don't suffer perils and get a lot of warp charges. Reece from frontline has an AM summoning list that includes this formation to quite a lot of success.

Warrior. On average in summoning 3 to 4 units a turn ( anywhere from 20 2 wound jetbikes to 40 single wound models). It depends on how many buffs I want on my infantry. Generally I'll move as far forward as possible leaving my librarians up front , summon as far forward as possible (usually demonettes and seakers) then order the squad to shoot and run or move move move letting the librarians fall to the back to be protected

Hacked, I've tried the division a few times but I've always had two issues. It's very easy to kill the units unless they are hidden far back (5 guardsmen and a commisiar fall to a stiff breeze), and at that point with the one eye open rule summoning from my back lines I find it hard to avoid being that close. Also if I summon from my front lines moving up they are instantly a threat

But hacked I don't want to discount the division just based on my experience, I'll take a look at frontline and how they use them. If you have any additional input I'd love to hear it as well

Hacked, I've tried the division a few times but I've always had two issues. It's very easy to kill the units unless they are hidden far back (5 guardsmen and a commisiar fall to a stiff breeze), and at that point with the one eye open rule summoning from my back lines I find it hard to avoid being that close. Also if I summon from my front lines moving up they are instantly a threat

But hacked I don't want to discount the division just based on my experience, I'll take a look at frontline and how they use them. If you have any additional input I'd love to hear it as well

I don't have any personal experience as I've literally just started the guard but from what I have seen on the internet it seems solid, if your opponent shoots the pskers he will have a ton of daemons in his face or if he shoots the daemons then you can just summon more.

Other that cost, what can the Psykana division offer over a Librarian Conclave? You've got a better range of spells to choose from (and thus compliment your  summoners), ATSKNF, force weaponry, being "safe" from the Commissar's gaze, the list goes on.

I do really enjoy the melee punch the conclave brings with the blobs. Adding in priests makes your blobs actually a really powerful force in melee

I think the biggest benefit is being able to summon to the front lines. Seakers can immediately make there turbo host attack and if demonettes are left unchecked they will assault next turn. (Not to mention being able to wal when need be to slow down death starts)

Also I'd like to point out having Shreak up front is also a very good tool*

The biggest challenge I have with this list is my buddies tau list. His stormsurge and tanks can put out a lot of blasts and massed fire and gun down my infantry fast. Though I have yet to play him when I was summoning at all (used to field a knight and one conclave for buffs). I'm hoping the summons can overwhelm his firepower

I do pretty well spacing them out. Tau is the hardest matchup I've face so far but I played my buddy the other day at 1500 and I won by turn 4. (I went second and took a beating losing 30ish models of my blobs but starting my first turn I was pumping out 3 to 4 units a turn) turn 4 I pretty much would have tabled him but we called it at the beginning of y turn since I had 5 units ready to clean him up in assault. Instead of two Libby conclaves I did one and a psykana division with a guard cad

I think that the decision on whether to use the Conclaves or the Psykana Division, should be based on cost vs, how many warp charges you can generate. I know that the Psykana division can end up at ML8 with 3 more ML's for a total of 11 ML's for generating warp charges, which I think outstrips the amount of dice a Librarius Conclave can generate. Now the benefit you get with the two conclaves is double the summoning power. Both have a mechanic to harness on 2+, so that's a wash. I think that the psykana division has more potential to get work done if you have other powers you're wanting to use, you have a bigger pool of dice to chose from.

Ulrick. Just a note. I think the conclave actually has a better chance for supporting than the division. While you can use one caster to cast on a two up, don't forget you can include a forth librarian (I usually use Crimson fist with reroll relic or Tiberius) put them in a seperate squad and you have a second source rolling for spells on rerolls (not to mention force axes in melee). The division really shines in pushing units out and for about 700 pts you can have a mixture of the two with some blobs to really get some good board control. It's a fun list if anyone else wants to give it a shot

Archived