Librarian colours?

Antarius

So, is there a reason why we don't get access to the Libraruis Conclave in the TSF? Do we not like Psykers? I haven't been able to find anything in fluff to confirm this, but then I don't have all of the books and whatnot.

Masters of Stealth don't need magic :P

Seriously, I considered this as well.  The fluff I have read does not lead one to think there is a "concern" against Librarians.  In AoD, the Chapter Org Chart shows a Librarius, so RG have Librarians and use them.  The formation may not be a style typical to the Raven Guard.

So, in my opinion, there may not be any fluff reason against it.

From a fluff perspective Corax was one of the Primarchs to side with Leman Russ, alongside Mortarion and Dorn, against the use of librarians during the Council of Nikaea. So they have been against the use of them at some time in their past, obviously not on the whole Black Templars level of abhorrence though.

I find it strange however as that power where Corax and Mor Deythan can basically will an observer to not see them is most definitely psychic on some level.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The RG are codex-adherent today though, 10.000 years down the line. And yeah, they've clearly got a Librarius at the present time in the fluff. So I'd say that any bias against Librarians is probably ancient history.

Not necessarily.

Librarians existing doesn't mean they are especially welcome, or numerous.

What little fluff I've found on the subject seems to indicate that the Raven Guard DO have Librarians, but they are even more standoffish than other RG, and there are not very many of them at all.

In the fluff the RG do have a history of Librarians and in the Audio drama Alone the main character is a librarian that is on a mission with Severax.  I can't remember his name at the moment but I made a model of him for my son, he actually wore me out on the story he played it so much.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh34/leinadyor/Raven%20Guard/DSC00578_zpsu1p0jhbs.jpg

Leinad

• 1 year later...

Archived