Camo *help needed*

Just a quick question chaps, anybody know of a quick easy way of doing German style peadot camo? Ive had a look at some on google and my brains just gone 'no way lad, looks stressfull'.

Last time I tried a camo scheme I ended up throwing my toys out my pram in a fit of nerd rage and gave up.

I'm assuming you mean the pattern rather than the colours? If so it's a matter of patience as much as anything. Develop the technique and process (usually colour order) to help make it easier but otherwise it's down to poking with a brush... Camo schemes are an extra that takes time no way around that I'm afraid! You'll want to assembly line it was with anything larger scale if possible further than that it's just a matter of breaking it down into smaller chunks to make it more manageable and less hassle.

I think you also have to be careful with camo as it doesnt translate well to small minis. What looks good in real life or on a tank just looks a mess on a mini when applied to material with folds etc.

My advice is keep it simple and stick to big shapes

You might also look through this topic.  Elmo did a ton of troopers in the Gulf War era US 6 Color desert BDU camo, or Chocolate chip. It has a similar dotted pattern, and the way he did it might just give you some ideas on how to go about your project.

I do camo on my troopers, but I go for an easier scheme, as I do a multicam style pattern, which has a a few shades of brown and green fading together, and splotches of both. It's easy to do with an airbrush which is why I do it.

Archived