RULES - Point Calculator

simison

We can agree that you get better quality fluff from the Star Wars universe than from Ward, but I don't see how the 5th Edition Grey Knights Codex was anything more than- ++STATEMENT REDACTED BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR'S HOLY INQUISITION FOR EXCESSIVE USE OF UNHOLY LANGUAGE++

I have to say that for the most part I thought he did ok with the Blood Angels Codex. Deepstriking Land Raiders seemed a bit stupid, but I didn't have any major complaints...

Apart from Necron and Blood Angel alliances. By the blood of Sanguinius! Why Ward, why?

Because he could do it and GW let it happen? ;)

Got no clue about rules, but the GK codex was my second one (my first being the 5th ed Space Wolves). Was quite entertaining to say at least. ^^

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Depends. For the most part, a One-Use weapon is usually found in the form of a Bomb or Missile on a flyer and they do mostly cost 5-15 points each.

However, there are some clear exceptions such as the Macro Bomb Cluster upgrade which is an S8 Ap3 Apocalyptic Barrage (3D6) Bomb, Dreadstrike Missiles (S10 Ap2, Ordnance 1) or a Votrex Grenade (ITs a vortex).

Edited by Slipstreams

If you start giving either of those out I reserve the right to slap you. In person http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png

Luckily, the first two are only found on Super-Heavy Flyers and the last one is an Apocalypse-Only upgrade http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png

Edited by Slipstreams

I don't think so. I think I added a 5 point charge per unit upgrade. In the Grave Stalker thread and Irob Bears thread, there should be some examples.

So a unit of 10 models really pays 1/2 of a point each while a unit of 5 pays 1 point each?

That is how I handled upgrading unit attributes. I'm not sure if I had an additional cost for the special rules. Keep in mind, the more I use the calculator, the more I seem to develop Hesh's eye for points. There are a number of silent factors that affect cost or don't. This is just to give a basic idea.