How does Combat Drop actually work?

t-dog1996

So I'm putting together an Elysian army having recently bought the Taros Campaign book and fallen in love with both the fluff and rules, but I have a few questions about how their signature move, the Combat Drop, actually works. The rule's description in the book is a bit unclear. Firstly, do you round up when determining how many units can arrive via combat drop as you would with drop pod assault? Say you had three Valkyries and two Sentry guns, would you be able to bring all three Valkyries in on turn one? Secondly, when the flyers deep strike do they arrive in hover mode or do they count as zooming? Thanks in advance :)

So, deepstriking fliers will arrive in whatever mode you designate them as being in. Zooming fliers will be placed as per deep strike, and zoom their next movement phase. The Deep strike counts as their movement. I say this because fliers like the Avenger don't have hover but don't make a movement when they deep strike. The deep strike is to represent a steep decent onto the battlefield.

As for the Combat drop rule, I Imagine that you do round up. Since that's pretty standard as Coffee said.

Archived