Militarum Tempestus: Ground vs Air Assault Formation.

Rommel44

Hey mates. Recently got my hands on a bunch of Militarum Tempestus Models and I plan to use them in both the DKOK Grenadier list as well as the Militarum Tempestus book. While the DKOK list is pretty cut and dry, for the Militarum Tempestus I have two options to pick from and that is where you guys come in. Has anyone had any experience going against or playing with either of these formations? And if so, would appreciate any advice, tactics, or opinions on which formation is my best bet and why. All feedback welcome.

I know we have a few Stormtrooper commanders who have made good use of these formations, so hopefully they can chime in with their wisdom soon :) I can say that they're a bit of "what is says on the tin" in respects to that they're either Taurox or Valkyrie borne so essentially that makes your choice for you either through available models or desired build. Generally speaking the standard mantra of the Scions would apply: hit hard, fast and in the right spots... who dares wins right? ;)

I had a doubles game and my partner brought the ground force one.

Tbh the rules and neat but only give you that one off bonus. And the formation was a bit of an investment points wise.

Personally unless you really want to run that many taroux I'd go for a basic CAD with double CCS and two plus scion squads.

Archived