IA - Hands of Terra

simison

How about the Warrior of Peace whose entire legion just spent months campaigning with his and becoming buddies before stabbing them in the back? Could make for some interesting tension.

For about all of five minutes before the WoP Hand is clapped in chains & hauled off to Khangba Marwu with the rest of the Insurrectionist Legion Hands by the Adeptus Custodes.

Fluffy fluff.

Nahum Alqosh began his tenure as Hand roughly two years before the Day of Revelation. He had served his legion as an apothecary rising to the rank of Primus Medicae and a sub commander of Tribe Smertrius’ 4th Talon(see note). He held the title of Votary among the Kohathite War Guild, marking his knowledge of siege craft on par with that of most Siege Breakers of other legions. Amoung the Kohathites however this was merely a mid level rank. Alqosh was also known for his marksmanship with a plasma pistol.

Note : Tribe Smertrius deviates from common 10th legion organization. Rather than variable sized Hosts, Smertrius is divided into seven equal sized “Talons”. This tradition dates back to Obsailes and is illustrated in the Tribe’s heraldry, the black dragon having four talons on it’s right foot and three on it’s left.

Acilius turned another corner and almost crashed into the Fire Keeper's Hand, Alqosh. "My apologies," the Warden offered as he took a step back.

[Need more info. What does Alqosh look like? What's his personality? How does he feel about being a Hand? How has he enacted his duties?]

Alqosh is square jawed and has a hooked nose. He is clean shaved and wears his blonde hair clipped short. His ears stick out a bit and he has striking green eyes.

He approaches every task with the precision of a physician. He isn't a great orator but instead relies on presenting irrefutable facts to support his positions. He very much misses being a field medic. He longs to mend wounded in the heat of battle again. This feeling began before his appointment to Hand as his status as a Primus gave him more command duties an less combat time. To serve as hand is his duty and he will give his all to it.

Precision of a physician? MC Ragnok on the mic.

Has anyone sent a Dreadnought as their Hand?

Aaaand now I'm picturing a boardroom full of Hands sitting around a long meeting table when the Dreadnought Hand walks in through the wall with the door in it, trailing debris as he wordlessly stomps over to his empty chair, stands with his colossal legs on either side of it and with a high-pitched whine of hydraulics, slowly lowers himself down onto the tiny piece of furniture.

"SORRY I'M LATE, THERE'S A LOT OF LOW ARCHWAYS BETWEEN HERE AND THE HALL OF ANCIENTS." He rumbles sheepishly.

By the way, for the sake of his friend Muniza, Irvin Ruel petitions Alexandros to ensure that each Hand and his retinue are screened by the Halcyon Wardens' telepaths. With the revelation that some Astartes, Hands or otherwise, have vanished into the Petitioner's City.

Not even Alex can see a pariah in His visions. Because of that the pariahs are a wild card amd it is absolutely awful that the insurrectionists habe 3 and the loyalists none. Speaking of which: we need to take advantage of this situation

To be honest, it's questionable whether many of the Insurrectionist Primarchs would take the risk of having their Hands be in on the scheme. If nothing else, it's easier to keep up the façade that everything's normal when you guy you've sent to tell everyone that really does think it's business as usual

Yeah, but if they are implicated by anyone who isn't a pariah, then they're in trouble anyway. I reckon Icarion wouldn't consider it worth the effort to get the Hands on side, and just let their presence as representatives of traitor Legions sow confusion while he gets on with the Day of Revelation.

Ah, that hadn't occurred to me. Well, could an extremely powerful psyker do it?

Yes, the Emperor probably could. Maybe Magnus. Alex might be able to do it if he didn't mind being put of commission for a week, if that would even work. 

So, no. There's really no way to screen the Pariahs. I know the Warden of Light Hand and Grave Stalker Hand are Pariahs. The Godslayer Hand is a Suppressant, so he might be readable. What about the Warrior of Peace Hand? 

Were any of the canon Hands aware of their Legions corruption? I imagine the Word Bearer Hand was, but what about the others?

As far as I know, there isn't a canon version of the Hands of Terra. It's completely unique to BotL.

Archived