Blackshield

Kilofix

Laurie Goulding had mentioned that going forward, side stories and characters between the BL books and FW books will cross back and forth, with characters in a novel having their stories ended in a FW book, and vice versa.

Laurie Goulding had mentioned that going forward, side stories and characters between the BL books and FW books will cross back and forth, with characters in a novel having their stories ended in a FW book, and vice versa.

Cool to see this confirmed! It's definitely already happening, and I like that it's going to continue. The most prominent example to me now is probably the strange tale of Kheron Ophion, birthed by ADB in Prince of Crows and "ended" in Retribution.

I'll agree with you, they're great stuff, but it is still a different style of telling those stories, some of which would better be explored in short stories, novellas or even novels, rather than brief entries in those books. It is great to see the cooperation and how they complement one another, but it also fractures things between two product lines, one of which is, as you say, very expensive compared to the other.

Cool to see this confirmed! It's definitely already happening, and I like that it's going to continue. The most prominent example to me now is probably the strange tale of Kheron Ophion, birthed by ADB in Prince of Crows and "ended" in Retribution.

We haven't seen Ophion death. We haven't read that exactly at that point at that time at that place some guy from Cyroptera with the name Ophion did died. So, until it's justified - he wasn't killed at Nostramo system.

Which to me kinda sucks, since I'd like to be able to follow their stories without grabbing all the FW books.

Forge World Horus Heresy books are BEYOND AWESOME. They even better than 2/3 of BL HH novels. Why you haven't checked their's lore section is beyond me.

Understand that DC, but I will add that the FW books are awesome in every way.

Some of the most beautiful books on my extensive shelves. Just expensive.

Indeed tis so. Have all of them and can't wait for Prospero!

I honestly think Chris is doing a Death guard novel that will be something to do with what Typhus is up to as he was the only one not to show up at the muster for the assault on the Scars in 'Path of Heaven'. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out mid 2017!

I honestly think Chris is doing a Death guard novel that will be something to do with what Typhus is up to as he was the only one not to show up at the muster for the assault on the Scars in 'Path of Heaven'. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out mid 2017!

Typhon was battling Dark Angels on and off since The Lion. He ended up at Zaramund and met up with Luther in Angels of Caliban, and we know that there's some more to tell about his involvement there, due to the Legacy of Caliban trilogy.

Typhon was battling Dark Angels on and off since The Lion. He ended up at Zaramund and met up with Luther in Angels of Caliban, and we know that there's some more to tell about his involvement there, due to the Legacy of Caliban trilogy.

And that would be interesting to read indeed. Cause Typhon will end up eventually with Mortarion, who is looking for him on their way to Terra

• 2 weeks later...

Archived