Deathwatch Imperial Knight

First off, I hope this is the appropriate place for this as it is Deathwatch themed and this is currently the area for that.

Now my idea:

An Imperial Knight who has joined the Deathwatch!!

I have 2 ideas...

1: Deathwatch Knight

Deathwatch colour scheme with one shoulder pad retaining its original knight house heraldry.

Essentially a house with ties to the deathwatch/inquisition who submits pilots for deathwatch service.

2: Black Shield Knight

A knight who has forsaken his house - maybe it turned traitor and he remains loyal; maybe in the feudalistic society he was not going to inherit his family's title/hold so 'took the black'; maybe he dishonoured himself in combat and seeks atonement.

Essentially the polar opposite of a Freeblade - who goes it alone for similar reasons.

Imagine a colour scheme like this: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Deathwatch_Black_Shield?file=Unknown_Black_Shield_Redemption.jpg

Basically, I have no money for this right now, but would it be as cool as I think it would be?

And would it make sense fluff-wise?

Cheers! :)

I doubt a Knight could literally "Join the Deathwatch," as they are still a Space Marine organization, but a freeblade Knight could certainly form a personal relationship with a watch commander, collaborate with him often, and repaint his Knight in the Deathwatch's colors to honor that collaboration. 

So sure, go for it. I'd just avoid using the word "join."

2: Black Shield Knight

A knight who has forsaken his house - maybe it turned traitor and he remains loyal; maybe in the feudalistic society he was not going to inherit his family's title/hold so 'took the black'; maybe he dishonoured himself in combat and seeks atonement.

Essentially the polar opposite of a Freeblade - who goes it alone for similar reasons.

Imagine a colour scheme like this: http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Deathwatch_Black_Shield?file=Unknown_Black_Shield_Redemption.jpg

This is an awesome idea!  It makes sense in the canon with Freeblades, too.  Perhaps a former Renegade hiding from his past?

Thank you for the replies!! Glad it sounds good!

@Canadian_F_H and Shinespider - They are both great points that combine nicely. As Shinespider noted, a Knight can't 'join' the Deathwatch as a Marine organisation, but getting close to the commander of an individual watch fortress and choosing to serve him is a good idea.

It seems like the Watch Commanders have quite a lot of autonomy when choosing to take recruits (especially in terms of Black Shields) and so could as his discretion allow a Knight to serve/assist.

@Vel'Cona - Cheers! I'm definitely leaning more towards the Black Shield side as there are so many potential stories for him - even if several other people adapted my ideas I think all our stories would differ so there is so much scope here.

Even if an all black knight is boring haha.

Would definitely add Aquilas and Inquisition symbols though to mix it up. As well as the red stripe.

Doesn't need to be boring! Get yourself some small chain and hang him with "chains of penitence" or the like. I find models painted black just need a bit more external bling to stand out (Black Templars style). happy.png

I really like this idea, but I think I would have a House Honour Bound to an Inquisitor. Maybe due to said Inquisitor routing out Heresy on the Knight Homeworld.

The Honour Debt is paid by keeping an Imperial Knight on permenant secondment to the Deathwatch Team run by said Inquisitor.

How ever you do it, it's a great idea.

Thank you for the replies!! Glad it sounds good!

@Canadian_F_H and Shinespider - They are both great points that combine nicely. As Shinespider noted, a Knight can't 'join' the Deathwatch as a Marine organisation, but getting close to the commander of an individual watch fortress and choosing to serve him is a good idea.
It seems like the Watch Commanders have quite a lot of autonomy when choosing to take recruits (especially in terms of Black Shields) and so could as his discretion allow a Knight to serve/assist.

@Vel'Cona - Cheers! I'm definitely leaning more towards the Black Shield side as there are so many potential stories for him - even if several other people adapted my ideas I think all our stories would differ so there is so much scope here.
Even if an all black knight is boring haha.
Would definitely add Aquilas and Inquisition symbols though to mix it up. As well as the red stripe.

I am currently painting an all black Knight to fight along side my new Black Templar Force. Not boring at all. biggrin.png

I shall be adding chains to the weapons, BT icons, there is an idea running around my head of having a damaged Knight repaired and piloted by a BT Techmarine.

IT'S JUST AN IDEA, DON'T HATE ME. msn-wink.gif

You called?

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/OkumaWaseda/WIP%20Warden/Basing%20round%201_zpsscgqzxzm.jpg

You can follow my sig link to check pics, WIP knight #2 and fluff if you're interested

Archived